Hey Im new here.. got some Korg stuff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hey Im new here.. got some Korg stuff

Alrighty there folks.

Im mint, Like to play with music in my spare time, Car's is my thing tbh.. (www.JDMtas.com <-- Thats my site ^.^) Anyways.

I have some decks upstairs to which i play to my friends every now again - Alas one drive is now broken So its currently dead in the water.

I bought me a KORG Kaossilator a while back and its soo much fun! Love the thing to bits.
    I then bought my a KORG nanoPAD the other week, And im totally confused. I have got FL Studio 8, KORG Kontrol Editor and also EZ Drummer.. however, i cant get this thing for the life of me to play what i want! It almost feels like a waste of money now tbh.

I want to assign each of the 12 pads to individual sounds (Be is .wav or .mp3) - I don't know if i can use MP3 or not so that's a wild stab.
    Anyways, I can only seem to get this thing to work with EZ Drummer or to play in FL but lame preset things, When i select the Drum Machine in FL and try to select another file for it to play.. nothing, it dosnt work.

A bit vague im afraid however im only learning, and didn't know where to go and ask as recording.org slated me when i went on there seeking advice on input recording.

Thanks in advance
    -Minto

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

All the nano-Pad does is send MIDI signals. It doesn't play sounds on its own. You need to import those sounds you want into those programs so the nanopad plays them. FL Studio should be able to load those sounds and play them via MIDI commands.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

sweet another car guy, when i get back from AIT i am getting either a s13 or a sti
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Theres a plugin in fl studio called the FPC - you need to load your samples up in that for FL studio, thats best for just playing single hit samples.

Quote Originally Posted by djxsquizet View Post
    sweet another car guy, when i get back from AIT i am getting either a s13 or a sti
    Why not an s14b or s15?

Rear wheel Sylvia's are the bomb.
    STIs are only cool when you can still get the old 22 model.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

well we don't have s15s in america, well we do but hard to find and alot of money to get it legally on the road.

and it really doesn't matter I just want a nissan lol. Then I am gonna have to drop take the ka out and drop in the sr cause america is gay and we didn't get a turbo version.

and the 22b is a beast but i still like sti's and I know the sti can handle the roads around my town.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

true the 240 aint up to much tbh I know a few guys in the US with s15's tho - but as said, ALOT of hassle getting it road legal tbh.

I have an s15 here in Scotland aswell as an Miata, Just been offered a Toyota Mark II this morning which i dont know if i can turn down however i fly out to japan in like 20 days or something, then after the Silvia is sold i move out for 12months in Tokyo. Sweet.

Anyways, I'll have alook at that plug-in, i think that was what i was using, if im write it only allows for .wav files yeh?

Thanks guys
    -Minto

Quote Originally Posted by mint View Post
    Anyways, I'll have alook at that plug-in, i think that was what i was using, if im write it only allows for .wav files yeh?
    Cant say i am sure to be honest, ive never tried using anything else but .wav files on it. Also i only use FL studio for production personally, if your looking for a better envrioment to do things live you should check out Ableton.

Ableton? Ok cool i got a voucher with my nano im sure thats what it was for. I noticed there is a serious amount of programs on the go but they all seem so complicated.

I used to use Automix and then i got Virtual DJ as i said, i wasnt interested in music production, just having some fun really and showing my mates some cool little breaks and merging one track to another etc. If i could find a way that i can mix songs such as Chromeo, Justice, Simian etc along with my Kaoss and the nanoPAD and make a funky fresh track id be over the moon All down to practice i guess.

I did look at other programs like Sony Acid, Ableton etc but i went for FL as iv used it ever so breifly in the past and like the interface. However, 99.9999% of it, is way over my head.. its a shame too as im a bit of computer/music person lol i just cant seem to get it for some reason.

Would say Ableton would be ok to use for someone who isnt too clue'd up on FL? If its going to be easier for my to plug and play and have some fun i'll look into getting it.

Thanks again for your help, I know how it is on my own forum when total noobs come on asking stupid questions lol - Also, Is this forum more based on a type of Vestex Keyboard? As said before, had zero clue where to go and followed a link from a Youtube video of a dude playing "we will rock you" on a nano - Amazing skills by the way lol.

Arigato ^.^

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This place is geared toward all forms of digital DJing. It doesn't matter what controllers (if any) you use.

All of these things take time to learn. Pick up a book, watch tutorials. The Power! and Ignite! books for Reason/Acid/Ableton are ALWAYS handy. In fact, the nice thing about the Reason Power! book is the entire first chapter is dedicated exclusively to the history of synthesis and what everything is.

Ableton Live! offers great tutorials online, and amazing books all around on learning it. It was all painfully over my head to begin with. Now, though, I'm starting to catch on. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast