New guy looking for lots of answers
    Tech Convert

Default New guy looking for lots of answers

First off let me say that these things are completely bad-@$$.

with that said I have sooo many questions. I just ordered 2 numark ndx 800s, a new vestax pmc 05 pro iv, a new soundcard NI audio 2. then I stumbled upon these beautiful machines,, and FREAKED OUT. I have sen that you all have lots of mappings for traktor, but
    1.i was curious would with work with vdj7?
    2.could I use a midifighter as a video mixer?
    3.how hard are these to map?
    4.are they hard to build?
    5. where can I find the microchips to use? do they have to be midi fighter chips?
    6. can the LED's be changed so you have more than one color? (instead of blue, maybe red and green? or blue and green?)
    7. are these things really the coolest thing around?
    8. Is it possible to just order a full custom midi fighter that is the size of two midi fighters?

I have seen some answers to these question out there, but I am really new to the whole midi world. I am an old school dj and really only upgraded because technics cancelled the 1200's and vestax did away with the samurai. I do alot of video work and think a custom controller that could run all my video stuff would be AWESOME.
    Sorry I know I probably sound like an idiot but I am still wrapping my head around this nifty little product.
    I want to thank you all in advance, it looks like this is a really supportive forum.

Tech Mentor

Answers in red

Quote Originally Posted by djberto690 View Post
    First off let me say that these things are completely bad-@$$.

with that said I have sooo many questions. I just ordered 2 numark ndx 800s, a new vestax pmc 05 pro iv, a new soundcard NI audio 2. then I stumbled upon these beautiful machines,, and FREAKED OUT. I have sen that you all have lots of mappings for traktor, but
    1.i was curious would with work with vdj7?
    Yes they are midi controllers in a sense but work best with traktor
    2.could I use a midifighter as a video mixer?
    If u have video mixing software then i wouldnt think not
    3.how hard are these to map?
    Like any other controller. not hard just time consuming
    4.are they hard to build?
    Nope. Look on youtube for the build vids
    5. where can I find the microchips to use? do they have to be midi fighter chips?
    Special made
    6. can the LED's be changed so you have more than one color? (instead of blue, maybe red and green? or blue and green?)
    Im sure DJTT can work something out for you
    7. are these things really the coolest thing around?
    HELL YES lol
    8. Is it possible to just order a full custom midi fighter that is the size of two midi fighters?
    Once again i think djtt could do that if u wanted them too

I have seen some answers to these question out there, but I am really new to the whole midi world. I am an old school dj and really only upgraded because technics cancelled the 1200's and vestax did away with the samurai. I do alot of video work and think a custom controller that could run all my video stuff would be AWESOME.
    Sorry I know I probably sound like an idiot but I am still wrapping my head around this nifty little product.
    I want to thank you all in advance, it looks like this is a really supportive forum.
    You should check out traktor. ean rocks these things in traktor and his mappings only work for it
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Convert

Default totally agree

But I do lots of video work and would love to use the midi fighter for video, mainly because all decent video mixers actually suck. and being able to build one (because VDJ allows video) to be mapped would me AMAZING.

Tech Mentor

I dont see why not. that is if u can get them mapped right. which shouldnt be hard in vdj
    Equipment------

Tech Convert

thanks! are they hard to build or should I just buy a couple of diy kits and make one...
    want 16 buttons, two faders, two rotary knobs... I have the custom thing downloaded and have been playing with it, but idk how much you can actually do for $500 dollars. (if they build it for you.)

Tech Mentor

Im not sure about those ones i know u can build the original one
    Equipment------