Pioneer DDJ-T1 - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Pioneer DDJ-T1

I am... but in what, I still do not know.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Had a Pioneer DDJ-T1 demo night at tonecontrol.nl yesterday evening.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ome-les/sets/72157626019969592/detail/"]Pioneer DDJ-T1 demo - a set on Flickr[/ame]

It was a fun night talking with Jeroen Groenendijk of Pioneer Benelux and Toon of Tonecontrol.
    Last edited by tekki; 02-10-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Wow this could have been a great controller... but no cue points, no way to play sample decks (probably), meters don't really matter much but come on!

For $1039 you can still use your damn turntables with timecode with the S4 and still be able to control your samples! Jeez.

So whats recommended? You spend $200 more on an X1 along with the DDJ T1 to control samples and cues? Come on... why would anybody even bother considering this controller? The jog wheels are the only cool thing about this piece of junk.

This actually gets me angry. A controller with so much potential, great looks, and yet way underfeatured and over priced. Now I bet Pioneer will fill youtube with big dj's playing with their crappy controller and clueless people will follow and waste their money.

Quote Originally Posted by menez View Post
    Wow this could have been a great controller... but no cue points, no way to play sample decks (probably), meters don't really matter much but come on!

For $1039 you can still use your damn turntables with timecode with the S4 and still be able to control your samples! Jeez.

So whats recommended? You spend $200 more on an X1 along with the DDJ T1 to control samples and cues? Come on... why would anybody even bother considering this controller? The jog wheels are the only cool thing about this piece of junk.

This actually gets me angry. A controller with so much potential, great looks, and yet way underfeatured and over priced. Now I bet Pioneer will fill youtube with big dj's playing with their crappy controller and clueless people will follow and waste their money.
    One thing you have to remember before getting so angry is that Pioneer have NO insight into Traktor2 when making and designing this controller..... whereas NI obviously did when they made the S4.

Not saying its perfect but when comparing it to an S4 lets just remember that it is a NI controller so is always going to be ahead of the game!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

I played around with it at Feedback, but walked out with a Denon X600.

They unit had a really nice layout with the buttons and such, but I was missing the cue buttons though.

The overall feel was really nice and enough space between the knobs. But in the end I wasn't looking for an allinone solution. Goddamn that thing is big, there's no way you'll walk to a club with that....

The best allinone unit for playing at home IMO though.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112