rane68/serato 4 deck set up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default rane68/serato 4 deck set up

hey hey
    so i've been pondering a few set up options, i have a tech 12, which i love and is really the only thing i like using for a controll surface,( had two had to pawn one fml )fucking heavy and somewhat useless to me now a days.
    so i have the reane 68, it barely gets used, i want to run four decks external.
    but keep the table the main controll surface, to the right of my mixer.
    what i'd like to do is either have some switching unit, to swtich through the channels to use the deck as a controll surface without clicking around in serato, and fiddling with the inputs on the mixer.
    i have an apc but it's huge and i dont like using it with serato much,
    what i'd like to ideally do is have the deck to the right, and maybe three smaller jog wheels to the left, a few buttons and knobs i can assign.
    i've been thinking of how to build thins or what i can use to make this work,
    or even just a switch to switch through to make the tech assignable to whatever input without switching everything else around.

any suggestions ? something cheap i can tear appart ?

and i've never been big on djing, mixing etc. i prefer to more or less slice chop remix as i go, not that i have any problems with mixing track to track, i just have a terrible case of add, and stimulants dont help that much,
    i've been occasionally using a couple versions of a track with different cue points set, i suppose the sampler bit is an option as well, ideally a couple dozen cue points would be ideal ( including buttons.. two midi fighters, or a half height double width midi fighter, ) lol

so discuss

srsly, no suggestions ? lolmg

Tech Guru

lol what are u even asking?

if u can set up a modifier to switch the deck focus of serato so one Tech can control any of the 4 decks at a time? sure that can be done, i think lol

as for the jogwheel controller things, jst look at wht other ppl have built and go from there.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

moved over to general discussion
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Asand View Post
    lol what are u even asking?

if u can set up a modifier to switch the deck focus of serato so one Tech can control any of the 4 decks at a time? sure that can be done, i think lol

as for the jogwheel controller things, jst look at wht other ppl have built and go from there.
    what do you mean what am i asking ?

did you even read my post ?

obv theres plenty of midi controllers, usually duo's left right a b etc,
    are there any cheap singular midi controllers,
    i see theres a few new "beginner" set ups,
    i'd like to find a jog wheel that has some resistance, and doesnt spin freely ,
    cross fader doesnt matter as i'll be pulling it appart,

and i was asking if there was a better solution to what i've come up with so far,
    if maybe i was overthinking things,

somthing along the lines of a midi fighter with a few jog wheels ( for form function and aesthetics ) would be nice,

i've thought about picking up a used midi controller and pulling it appart, but i'd still need another possibly to make three tables what to do with the third ?

and i'm assuming theres not much i can do about getting more cue points other then running multiple versions of the same song, as no one has responded with anything usefull,

quite along the lines of try google/ebay/your mom

but thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    moved over to general discussion
    and i considered putting this in general first, but as i'm planning on fabricating a three deck midi controller to compliment my tech as a main controller i figured it should go, in mod / controller / etc...

mhm

part 2

midi controll of the sampler in serato,,, stay tuned,,, lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think under the basis of SSL, you won't be implement any sort of "jog wheel" into a setup with it. That's why Serato has ITCH. SSL is just for CDJ's and TT's.

I mean, it's a neat idea, don't get me wrong, but I don't see it being compliant with how SSL works on a fundamental level.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think under the basis of SSL, you won't be implement any sort of "jog wheel" into a setup with it. That's why Serato has ITCH. SSL is just for CDJ's and TT's.

I mean, it's a neat idea, don't get me wrong, but I don't see it being compliant with how SSL works on a fundamental level.
    Well.....i've always thought this too, but someone mapped/hacked the Denon MC-6000 to work with Serato. There's a vid on youtube of it. I'm at work and it's blocked. It's posted on the main DJ forum of Serato.

To answer the OP's question. Your gonna have a difficult time finding a quality jog wheel that's not attached to a premium controller. The only single ones that I know of are the EKS ones.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Get a DD-MC6000 and a CDJ? Or 3 EKS's as suggested above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast