A posthumous recognition to the VCI-100

Default A posthumous recognition to the VCI-100

Today I woke up to the news of Vestax stopping the VCI100 production and surprisingly, I had a bit of sadness due the announcement. The VCI100 was my first DJ device and I could have never made a better choice.

Since the minute of the unboxing I met a very durable and great quality device with a bunch of buttons and features. I had a chance to have tons of fun with it, play for my friends, customize it, have friends telling me the visual candy of the device, my first frustration trying to sample melodically causing me to box the VCI and putting it on the closet for over a month... But I always came back for more.

For me it represents the first device closely associated with my lifestyle to be able to do what I never thought possible back in the day. Now I have even spread the fun and joy to my friends when I play and was the VERY SOLID foundation to DJ and all the experience and knowledge I have acquired to date on the hobby/part time. Watching videos, learning new tricks... Been able to mod it, or personalize it, to my liking also gave the device a stronger tie since I was the one doing the mod and making it more close to what I like. "This is my VCI100. There are many like it, but this one is mine..."

So I politely ask the DJTT comunity, what do you think of the VCI100 death? heartfelt? whatever? "Do you see that in the sky? It's what I care, a flying fuck"?
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Guru

Never used one myself, always wonder if i should have got one instead of my RMX, but price was an issue.

If i'm correct this community was built around the VCI-100, so for that i definitely thank it.

I only got my VCI-100 last summer and it was my 3rd midi controller in under a year (I was pretty underwhelmed by the BCD-2000 and Numark Omni Control.

Many would have been frustrated by the announcement of the S4 just a few months later but not me, I couldn't be happier with it. I've upgraded it, customised it and used it for hours on end with rarely a bad word so say about it.

Long live the VCI-100mk1!!!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

As a DVS sort of chap, I've always wanted an Arcade Edition. It's seriously the most useful mixing instrument the world has ever seen.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

For those that haven't seen the news

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/01/1...-live-the-vci/

It was my first controller to and even though I love my S4, there will always be a soft spot in my heart for the VCI.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

It'll only be dead for me when I stop using it
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    It'll only be dead for me when I stop using it
    Indeed. I don't see it leaving my set up for quite some time.

foaming at the mouth thinking of (VCI-100se+djtt mapping voodoo+Forth coming traktor updates and sample decks= :eek:

Tech Guru

I am hoping mine outlives me so that I may give it to my children...seriously (I am not even kidding).
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud