Transferring Music Library with Traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Transferring Music Library with Traktor?

Regarding that, i have 3 question :

What is the fastest way to transfer songs between a PC to a MAC?

There is two differents Traktor version involved : TSP and TS4. Will i loose all my beatgrids , hotcues and stored loops by transfering song ??

Is there a way to keep all two library synced together ? ( with external HDD i dont know if you can connect pc to mac?? ) Iphone? wireless hdd?

Third one is not a priority though!

So whats your 2 cents on that, guys?

Sorry for my english!

Tech Mentor

1.depends on if you used Itunes on your pc, if so then just put it all on an external hardrive and drag it into itunes.

2.the fact that you are changing computers, yes i am *almost* positive you will lose beatgrids

and for 3 i have no idea. i dont think its possible, but you could always check out the forums on apple.

----
    now i know you said traktor library, but i don't think this is possible.
    your traktor library is just a collection of your regular music folders

i looked into it for you and found a thread you should check out on the actual native instruments forum

http://co.native-instruments.com/for...d.php?p=699158
    Last edited by ChrisEPIC; 01-11-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: did quick research.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

If you need to transfer songs on a regular basis use the NTFS-filesystem. Mac OSX already supports reading natively. With ntfs-3g (google it) it can also write on drives using NTFS.

Beatgrids, Hotcues and loops are all saved inside the MP3-file itself so you won't loose them.

Real two-way-synching is not possible. You can however let the TraktorCollection.nml be synched through Dropbox or even easier Microsoft Live Mesh (both available for Mac and PC).
    The easiest way would be using an external HDD for both and also storing the Traktor Settings on the HDD. Traktor can handle using the same data.
    I've got Windows and Mac OS X on my notebook. Both access the same library (even on an internal HDD).
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    If you need to transfer songs on a regular basis use the NTFS-filesystem. Mac OSX already supports reading natively. With ntfs-3g (google it) it can also write on drives using NTFS.

Beatgrids, Hotcues and loops are all saved inside the MP3-file itself so you won't loose them.

Real two-way-synching is not possible. You can however let the TraktorCollection.nml be synched through Dropbox or even easier Microsoft Live Mesh (both available for Mac and PC).
    The easiest way would be using an external HDD for both and also storing the Traktor Settings on the HDD. Traktor can handle using the same data.
    I've got Windows and Mac OS X on my notebook. Both access the same library (even on an internal HDD).

totally made me sound like a douchebag
    lmao

Tech Wizard

Yes im using itunes on my pc ! but if i put my Itunes library ( which is routed as my music library on traktor ) on my external HDD my traktor S4 on my mac will recognised my extHDD as my music library isnt? and as they say at the link u gave me ( thx for that) my loop hotcues and grids will follow? ( dont really care about the grids btw)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJdyve View Post
    Yes im using itunes on my pc ! but if i put my Itunes library ( which is routed as my music library on traktor ) on my external HDD my traktor S4 on my mac will recognised my extHDD as my music library isnt? and as they say at the link u gave me ( thx for that) my loop hotcues and grids will follow? ( dont really care about the grids btw)
    yeah, lol.
    i'm pretty tired. so i dont really know what i'm talking about haha

Tech Wizard

Thx a lot ! So i just have to keep my library in a extHDD and use it for both mac and pc and traktor will handle it?

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Eww throw in iTunes in the mix and I'm out. I don't know if you can specify the location of the iTunes-library.
    Everything Traktor-related works fine. Even if you mess up the library-thing. grids, loops, cues remain inside the MP3s.

Mr. EPIC its time to take over from here

Thx a lot ! So i just have to keep my library in a extHDD and use it for both mac and pc and traktor will handle it?
    Yes, that works. You'll probably need this http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/ to be able to write to the disc on your Mac, but maybe it can already do that out of the box. The external HDD should either be formatted as FAT32 or NTFS. Normally NTFS is the default for bought external HDDs.
    Last edited by Afterhour Ali; 01-11-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Wizard

And i was wondering , will it be good to use an USB powered external HDD with traktor?

Tech Mentor

Mr. EPIC its time to take over from here
    its been time since i even thought i could post about it

i've had issues in the past with transferring music
    to bad i didn't know about this site ha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast