What do you not like about your midi fighter?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What do you not like about your midi fighter?

I AM NOT TRYING TO BASH ON THE MIDI FIGHTER!!

Im looking into getting one of these controllers mostly because their so friggin awesome but also to use in my traktor set up. My question is mostly aimed at the traktor users but anyone can chime in if you like.

So what are your main complaints about your midi fighter? Your answers will help me narrow down what else i would need to use this bad boy in my set up.

Thanks in advance!!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Fire away guys - its nice to get some constructive criticism on what we could do better.

Well, with the new versions of traktor coming up, the only thing I can think of is, there are not enough buttons to fit on?
    (That is, if you're not willing to use banks/modifiers and all)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I think you should create DIY kits for adding knobs and sliders and additional face plates to go with.

I dont know if there is anything bad to say about them, well I wish I could make better use out of them. I dont care what you say though. Theres nothing like those arcade buttons.

Im very interested in this controller because of how completely compact it is.... and the buttons are an awesome idea. Ive been interested in fixin up a minimalist rig to take with me on the go.

So would you say that a midi fighter could be a complete controller solution (besides a mixer) to utilize all the features in traktor? I vaguely remember someone mentioning something about a problem getting their tracks perfectly in phase or something.

What I hate most about the MIDI Fighter: that I only own 3 of them.

Seriously, the thing is awesome. Arcade buttons are like the weather in LA: the midifighter could be plagued by riots, fires, terrible traffic gridlock, gang warfare, smog, and earthquakes, but we'd still totally love it because of those damn buttons. Sometimes I play with the buttons even when the thing isn't even plugged in. Just walking by it in the lab I want to smash the buttons...

To answer your question, yes you can use it as a complete controller solution, but you will be spread thin; ultimately you'll want knobs and/or sliders too. But with the "deckalized" mapping you have all your basic transport commands along with some great effects and juggling capabilities. And you have the sync button of course along with your basic pitch up and down buttons. Check out the mapping here and see if this will work for you -- http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14435

Mudo

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Fire away guys - its nice to get some constructive criticism on what we could do better.

Smile

Hi,

The only thing I did'nt like was that I had to flash my Midi Fighter (MRK 1.2) when i got it, which was a bit of a pain in the ass.

I don't know if this problem is only with the self builds or not,
    after I built it (which was fun!) and flashed the Midi Fighter.

It was awesome!!!!
    I love the look, the buttons and the way it works,
    I can't leave it alone..hahaha.

The thing I hate most about it, is that the one I played with was not mine. It's obnoxiously awesome. I'll be (hopefully) picking one up soon.

This however is a great thread, just so we can see what problems people have had - since I never hear anything bad about them, ever.

That I wasnt able to plug it in, boot up a game and start changing the keyboard controls in the game to use on the midi fighter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast