First mix with the S4 - House
    Tech Wizard

Sorry ran out of space on my soundcloud so had to delete. Please remove thread
    Last edited by tombarton; 01-13-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Broken Link

Great to see that you are sharing your stuff.

As critique and questions for you I have to ask you first of all, what did actually use the ts 4 to do?
    You have 8 tracks in 52 minutes? That seems pretty much like you've only let the tracks play out, and just beatsync outro to intro, this you could do in traktor pro without the ts4.
    Not trying to put you down at all since I understand that you are new to this, and you'll only get better, but the mix is very boring, plain and you don't really "do" anything for the listener, tried to find any kind of samples used on the sample decks or for som 4 deck action, but since these 8 tracks are the only ones you used you couldn't really get that creative. No vocals at all?

Pointers for your next mix,

*Work on the song selctions more, house needs to be more fun than this.
    *Use the many different features the TS4's got (did you use any here?)
    *Bring samples anything that might define you more as a DJ. Since this is just very simple and you don't really do anything but play it in the itunes kinda way
    * Try using and learning a little bit about the different effects, couldn't really hear any in this mix
    *Use more songs and more decks, 8 songs in a 52 minute mix is not even mixing, it's only blending intros and outros.

I hope you don't take me for a grump now, just trying to give you constructive criticism, and would gladly listen to the next one too.

Good luck and thanks for sharing

Oh and try and spice it up with more remixes made by other established producers, people get enough of originals from the radio, and want you as a DJ to actually have done some work and give them " The new shit " It's kinda lame to only play originals, and IF you do you really need to mash them a lot more (play them on top of each other ).

This I should have written on the "song selection" part.

Good luck again, and once again, keep trying, you're not gonna be a world champion in your first mix nobody is, but with practice and dedication, you'll soon be bringin' those bangers to the crowd at the clubs!

Good luck!

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the info. That's exactly why I put this on here! Just want some ideas. When I said first mix with the S4 I actually meant first mix full-stop! Just got the S4 this week. This was just me practicing manual beatmatching and some basic effects like the delay filter flanger iceverb etc. I've been messing around with the samples today and i'm surprised by how easy they are to use! The loop recorder too! In no time at all i was layering vocals and drum loops that sounded pretty good! Definitely gonna get some into my next mix! Hope the next one goes down a little better but thanks anyway!

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the info. That's exactly why I put this on here! Just want some ideas. When I said first mix with the S4 I actually meant first mix full-stop! Just got the S4 this week. This was just me practicing manual beatmatching and some basic effects like the delay filter flanger iceverb etc. I've been messing around with the samples today and i'm surprised by how easy they are to use! The loop recorder too! In no time at all i was layering vocals and drum loops that sounded pretty good! Definitely gonna get some into my next mix! Hope the next one goes down a little better but thanks anyway!

Tech Mentor

Have a look at OP's tracklist. Then read this:
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDeLarge View Post
    Oh and try and spice it up with more remixes made by other established producers, people get enough of originals from the radio, and want you as a DJ to actually have done some work and give them " The new shit " It's kinda lame to only play originals, and IF you do you really need to mash them a lot more (play them on top of each other ).
    not sure whether to say or or or :eek: or ROTFL or GTFO or ...