this look legit?
    Tech Mentor

Default this look legit?

wanting to invest in a NI maschine and did some shopping and found this guy on ebay what do you guys think should i pull the trigger? it looks like a new seller but if anything i have paypal to back me up rite?
    heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NATive-Instrumen...#ht_539wt_1141

Tech Guru

basically no feedback whatsoever and no actual pics?

wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

My guess -- you'll get the product but you won't be able to use the software. This is about the price you can buy a maschine with no software or with a software with an educational license that isn't allowed to be resold, so when you use the reg number it will be useless. Most people on ebay are up front about it though and just sell the hardware alone for those who already have the software or who just want a badass midi controller. But I'm guessing this guy will play dumb and say "I include all the disks with the box" or something.

Tech Mentor

so the only downfall of the educational version is that i wont be able to resell it?
    will i still be able to get updates and such?
    thanks in advance guys!

The problem is that in some cases you won't be able to use it at all -- the person selling has possibly already used the serial so you won't be able to re-register it. Just make sure to check that you're actually getting software with a license that can be transferred. (I don't actually know whether it's the ed version that is restricted in this way, I just know that when I was hunting on ebay for maschine prices a couple weeks ago I saw several in the $300 range that had no software, and one of the sellers got back to me and said that the software they had for it could not be re-registered).