Dilemma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dilemma

Default Dilemma

I'm now at a point where I'm not sure what to do regarding my controller.

I currently own a Xone DX and have done for just under a year. I do love the controller BUT since having a blast on the S4 I'm now moving more towards that, so.....

With the update hopefully fast approaching for Traktor Pro should I keep my Xone DX and hope it will map nicely for the sample decks or should I get a S4?

Any help would be apprecaited
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

go for the s4 if you want traktors features and dont want to double map everything then the s4 is of course your best choice

or if you really love the dx keep it and get a x1 kontrol for the sample decks

Yeah I had thought about using another controller for the sample banks such as my Launchpad or Maschine but as I have limited space so not everything can be out at once. Also I'd prefer to just use one unit for everything so I think the S4 might win it for me. Quite fancy the touch jogs also

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

then it's settled.

Tech Guru

wait, you have a launchpad, ableton 8, a xone:dx the bridge for itch is about to come out and youre going to sell it before it comes out?

no offense dude, but thats crazy.

if i had your setup, id consider myself set for gear for a few years.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Been waiting for this Bridge for itch for a long time. Is there a confirmed date?

To be honest since buying the DX I've used Itch twice but never really liked it. I've been using Traktor for a few years now and its my preferred choice.

Arghhhh decisions decisions

oooo yeah i forgot about bridge for itch,yeah mate hold on to the dx

it should be out by the end of the month if not start of feb

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hesitant View Post
    Been waiting for this Bridge for itch for a long time. Is there a confirmed date?

To be honest since buying the DX I've used Itch twice but never really liked it. I've been using Traktor for a few years now and its my preferred choice.

Arghhhh decisions decisions
    heres what i can tell you without being speculative as i know thats the last thing you want to hear right now.

• Pioneer confirmed in their new SL1 promo video that the bridge is "coming soon" (they also mentioned video is coming soon as well)
    • Today a Serato employee on the Serato forums said he couldnt announce a date as they have a team at NAMM that will handle that announcement.
    • There's a video from the Vestax booth at last years NAMM with the Alpha of the bridge for itch up and running. The layout actually looked better than SSL's bridge interface.

I hear you, i JUST bought my vci 15 days ago. I knew the bridge was coming. I think the S4 is really cool. But I read all of the problems people were having with it on the NI forums and it flat scared me away. I'm the kind of guy that is a magnet for "warranty issues". Murphy's law I guess. Thats what I get for being irish.

I dove in with Itch because I wanted stability and reliablility. The VCI-300 is just a workhorse. So I took a leap of faith. Glad I did. Elastic beatgrids are absolutely kick ass. Editing them is a breeze.

I like 4 deck setups though because I do LOVE to play minimal. Thats what I setup my rmx and nano kontrol for in traktor pro. So trust me, I get the appeal. But I figure 2 elastic beatgrided decks synched to 40 possible ableton clips is more than enough options for minimal. Especially when 4 deck minimal mixing as most of the time, you have 2-3 decks sitting in loops anyway most of the time. But with a bridge setup, thats without quantize. To my ears, quantize sounds like shit. It does something fucked up to the bass notes. Takes the balls out of them somehow.

I'm not sure if ill get rid of my backup gear to free up a c note or two. But I can tell you when I pickup an NS6 that rmx is gone. I'll keep my 300 as well, for something a little more portable.

So hang out a few days, see what gets announced and take it from there.

In the meantime, watch the video that helped me get a little more patient for the bridge. I REALLY want to play with a setup like this, just without the cdj's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDgbL9ZCkhw
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Thanks guys for the input.

That video does make it look like it will be interesting. Using my Launchpad for clips, good point.

I think I will wait for the Bridge first before making any harse decisions. Just hope its soon.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hesitant View Post
    Just hope its soon.
    me too dude, im impatient as hell.

but my ipad is just sitting here, i rarely use it. I know it would make a great ableton controller to get me started learning ableton. then i could move to a launchpad or apc 20/40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast