Upgrade my gear VS new traktor coming
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Upgrade my gear VS new traktor coming

I wa thinking to Upgrade my setup ( vci se arcade + 2 DIY midi fighter using mf dekalized map) with a launchpad.
    I was thinking of using it with the mf dekalized mapping, for having a sort of 4 mf.

But now new trakor is coming, and it implements sample deck and loop recorder.
    And i am thinking that a vci couldn't controll all these features.
    Should i Go for s4? Or with a vci plus launchpad i can get it working with no prob?
    Other possibilities?
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Quote Originally Posted by CionniAsDj View Post
    I wa thinking to Upgrade my setup ( vci se arcade + 2 DIY midi fighter using mf dekalized map) with a launchpad.
    I was thinking of using it with the mf dekalized mapping, for having a sort of 4 mf.

But now new trakor is coming, and it implements sample deck and loop recorder.
    And i am thinking that a vci couldn't controll all these features.
    Should i Go for s4? Or with a vci plus launchpad i can get it working with no prob?
    Other possibilities?
    As for the S4, you cannot go wrong with it. As a S4 user, and new DJ, I love it. I have been interested in all the new equipment coming out like the Pioneers, but the more I look at it, the more I love my S4.

I truly believe you can't go wrong with the S4. If I had to do it all over again, i'd still pick the S4. And it's cheaper too .

bear in mind that any controller can be mapped to access any of the functions inside of traktor.
    For example, I plan to use my LPD8 to control a sample deck when the new traktors out. 8 pads, 8 knobs, perfect.
    But it would probably be a good idea to wait until after namm when people start to upgrade their gear and sell their old stuff on. You'd most likely pick up some bargains.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    As for the S4, you cannot go wrong with it. As a S4 user, and new DJ, I love it. I have been interested in all the new equipment coming out like the Pioneers, but the more I look at it, the more I love my S4.

I truly believe you can't go wrong with the S4. If I had to do it all over again, i'd still pick the S4. And it's cheaper too .
    It would be cheaper for me to' go with the launchpad Lol
    Anyway, s4 it's perfect, cause it has got dedicate burrona for every function in traktor.

Going vci+launchpad, i think i can do almost everything But with a HUGE mapping work.

Vci-> deck a b c d in normal mode, and in sample mode i can use it for the faders filter and eqs.
    Launchpad-> 4 mf for normal mode, and 2 mf plus 32 buttons for controlling samples in sample mode.

Maybe with a x1(for sample) and a smaller pad?
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

i think it would be a boring world if every body used s4's
    just go crazy have fun with the gear you got,you could easy map the launchpad to the sample/loop recorders etc...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AboveDat! View Post
    i think it would be a boring world if every body used s4's
    just go crazy have fun with the gear you got,you could easy map the launchpad to the sample/loop recorders etc...
    i still think muldover is the one guy that understands this controllerism thing best.

frankenstien it all i say =p
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

As you said you could get an X1 since DJTT has said that there's a specific mapping for the new features.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    As you said you could get an X1 since DJTT has said that there's a specific mapping for the new features.
    Good!!
    So Maybe i can add x1 and a 32pad for mf

Soundcloud.

After looking here and there, at most of pads and controller, i think i will go for the launchpad.
    Couse in that way i can have my 4 virtual Midi fighters, and with a simple modifier 2 mf and 32 buttons to use for sample mode.

Lack of knob and fader i know, but i will try to use the vci's one.
    x1 would do the job great, but with it i cant use the MF mapping.

Soundcloud.

I'd just say don't overestimate the launchpad's capabilities. It's great for ableton, but those pads aren't arcade buttons and you won't be doing any superfast button mashing with them. Obviously it all depends on what you want to be doing, but X1 would arguably be more useful for traktor. It does have 16 cue point buttons.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast