Audio drop outs with Audio 2 DJ on Acer Aspire 5742
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Audio drop outs with Audio 2 DJ on Acer Aspire 5742

I recently bought a new Acer Aspire laptop for DJing which has an i5-460m processor and 4gb of ram. I also purchased Traktor Pro and an Audio 2 DJ. I have all the latest drivers installed and have done all the tweaks for windows 7 and disabled all services that don't need to be running. I have also ran Latencymon and the tests show that this computer should run audio streams fine.

I managed to stop most of the audio drop outs by doing the tweaks above, but I get a couple of drop outs after 30 minutes when Djing and recording my set in Traktor at the same time. It has happened twice at the same time.

I stopped the mix shortly after so I am not sure if it will happen again later.
    I don't get this problem on the inbuilt audio card, so I think it is a problem with the Audio 2 DJ driver.

Does anyone else have issues with Audio 2 DJ on Windows 7 Laptops and does anyone have any ideas to what might fix this.

I have seen on this forum that some people are having better results with ASIO4ALL over the NI drivers, I will give that a try now, but surely NI drivers should be better????

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, EKS Otus, Audio 6 DJ, Macbook Pro i7 Quad, Akai MPK Mini, Stanton Decks, Kontrol X1, Mackie D.2, Reaper 4, Ableton Live, Mashine Mikro.
    www.djmodular.co.uk
    Follow me on Twitter

What version of Traktor are you using?

I think there used to be an issue with audio drop outs for some people after about 30 minutes.

Tech Guru

Is your audio 2 on the 2.9.4 driver? The newest driver from NI is a turd on windows 7. Make sure you're using version 2.0.15.7 or older.

Make sure to uninstall the drivers for the built-in soundcard and disable the soundcard in device manager. Windows doesn't like two soundcards enabled...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Mentor

My lappy can keep my internal soundcard on and run my external with no prob. u should check ur latency settings
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

True, depends on what kind of built-in soudcard and matching drivers you use. Before I went Mac (hihi), I've had multiple Windows laptops. Some worked fine with the built-in soundcard enabled, some didn't. Still worth a shot IMO to rule certain things out...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Game Booster made a big difference for me.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

And try disabling your network card and other unnecessary stuff while DJing in the device manager.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by extraclassic View Post
    What version of Traktor are you using?
    I am using Traktor Pro 1.2.7

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, EKS Otus, Audio 6 DJ, Macbook Pro i7 Quad, Akai MPK Mini, Stanton Decks, Kontrol X1, Mackie D.2, Reaper 4, Ableton Live, Mashine Mikro.
    www.djmodular.co.uk
    Follow me on Twitter

Tech Wizard

I am using the 2.9.4 driver and built in card is disabled. I have also done latency checks with latencymon and ruslts come back fine. Going to keep trying a few other things. Thanks for the help guys

www.djmodular.co.uk
    Follow me on Twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djmodular View Post
    I am using the 2.9.4 driver and built in card is disabled. I have also done latency checks with latencymon and ruslts come back fine. Going to keep trying a few other things. Thanks for the help guys
    2.9.4 is garbage. Trust me go to 2.0.15.7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast