psy trance gives natural dmt trip?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default psy trance gives natural dmt trip?

has anyone else heard of this?

i've been told that the sounds of psy trance is designed to trigger the dmt chemical in our brains, and that meditation to psy trance will release the dmt and cause a natural trip.

idk about you but psy trance and goa trance makes me trip out. not like i feel like i'm on dmt trip but i'm sure you know what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fTwk...eature=related

The amounts of DMT present in humans is so minute that you'll never get behavioral effects from it. You might as well try to trip off nutmeg.

That being said, music is awesome. I sure as f*** don't trip on it, but I very much enjoy it. I'd hope we all do if we're here.

LOL....

I have many Psytrance producer mates.....and I can safely say that they do NOT create this music or design it to have an chemical effect on your body.

Its just music ...... It does what it does by itself....and effects each person in their own way they perceive it.

But I do get what you saying.

Like...scary music in thriller movies....its not designed to make your hair stand up....it just does...its the frequencies and the fact that its a 'shock' to your system when you hear a new type of sound.

This is also why you get the shivers down your spine or goosebumps from certain types of music.

Nothing to do with the way its designed really.

There is a basic formula for Psytrance (given that there are many little styles of Psy too) but each has their own likes.

But the Psy does work well with Psychedelics....thats just fact.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

lol i get what your saying, but i did mean the frequencies of the music.

idk. i've just heard from some people that with meditation it can trigger a natural high. but i wasn't too sure lol

i love psy trance though and goa trance.
    i'm going on a week long camping trip called sacred earth. all about goa and psy trance <3

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisEPIC View Post
    lol i get what your saying, but i did mean the frequencies of the music.

idk. i've just heard from some people that with meditation it can trigger a natural high. but i wasn't too sure lol

i love psy trance though and goa trance.
    i'm going on a week long camping trip called sacred earth. all about goa and psy trance <3
    Check this out: http://www.fullmoon-festival.com/

Me and my gf go there, it's an unbelievable place set on an abandoned military base - sitting on the bunkers tripping out to the goa!

It's not really a "high" ... it's called being fully *present*. We spend so little time doing that in our everyday lives that we feel high when we do get there. Hallucinogens may give you a glimpse of what it feels like but the way to really experience it is a lot more work than eating a piece of paper or a pill.

As for music, yeah, it's another way to get there more easily; it's a great tool for meditation, esp intense repetitive music combined with dance -- shaman have known this for millennia, and it has been practiced by many tribes throughout the ages long before electronic music ever existed. I've never done DMT but if it's anything like other hallucinogens then I would say, yeah, psytrance can probably help you achieve that feeling under the right conditions, just like any other repetitive music. But it's nothing about frequencies that mimic a drug experience; it's more about facilitating a state where you can let go of your ego and simply experience the world as it is. It's more the other way around -- drugs can help mimic the experience that you can achieve through meditation, music, or dance.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    Check this out: http://www.fullmoon-festival.com/

Me and my gf go there, it's an unbelievable place set on an abandoned military base - sitting on the bunkers tripping out to the goa!
    i've heard of that.
    i actually think i have a facebook event invite buried somewhere within the 384 invites i haven't responded too <_<

where exactly is it located?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    It's not really a "high" ... it's called being fully *present*. We spend so little time doing that in our everyday lives that we feel high when we do get there. Hallucinogens may give you a glimpse of what it feels like but the way to really experience it is a lot more work than eating a piece of paper or a pill.

As for music, yeah, it's another way to get there more easily; it's a great tool for meditation, esp intense repetitive music combined with dance -- shaman have known this for millennia, and it has been practiced by many tribes throughout the ages long before electronic music ever existed. I've never done DMT but if it's anything like other hallucinogens then I would say, yeah, psytrance can probably help you achieve that feeling under the right conditions, just like any other repetitive music. But it's nothing about frequencies that mimic a drug experience; it's more about facilitating a state where you can let go of your ego and simply experience the world as it is. It's more the other way around -- drugs can help mimic the experience that you can achieve through meditation, music, or dance.
    very well put.

you should check out grandfather goa when you have the chance.
    very very inspirational man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tDd5oot9yA

Check out my soundcloud for some South African style Psy!

Now THAT shit sends me bouncing!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

i've heard of that.
    i actually think i have a facebook event invite buried somewhere within the 384 invites i haven't responded too <_<

where exactly is it located?
    Alt Daber military base, north east germany on the goa highway. (Highway 24 if i remember correctly)

It was my girlfriends first festival (like my 30th lol) and it was absolutely amazing, such a good vibe and an amazing location, words can barely put across how awesome it is.

It goes on for 7 days and nights of 24hr music. All for 80 euros!

The whole site is full of overgrown aircraft hangars with trees growing out of them, surrounded by old soviet military buildings for miles, they kit it out with awesome light shows and other trippy stuff.

The people are wicked too, according to our german friend it's the most internationally attended psy event, loads of dealers with amazing gear too if that's your thing. (We barely slept for 7 days).

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast