Ableton Live 8

Thread: Ableton Live 8

Default Ableton Live 8

Im not sure if this is in the right area in the forum...

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I just started using Ableton live 8 and getting the basics down slicing sampling and syncing traktor and Ableton, which is great, but My friend sent me a set of loops and samples called XFer - Deadmau5? I'm not too sure if its good or not but the kicks, snares, claps wont let me loop them? I am really not sure why and I was looking into this and really couldn't find anything on it.

The loop button cannot be selected and when I right click on the sample to loop it it wont work and command+L also won't loop the sample.

1) Try clicking the Warp Button first.

2) can a you drag the loop markers in the clip?

PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Yeah…i'm pretty sure you have to warp a track in order to loop it.

If you're just doing a remix and don't want the time stretching, well…your life is going to be harder. But you can cut the parts you want out in arrangement view and make copies of them. That's how looping used to be done.

But, yeah…I think there's a setting to warp long samples by default…you'll probably want to turn that on as well. It never warps tracks correctly by itself, but it'll probably save time in the long run to not have to click "warp" and wait for it to fail every time instead of just dragging them in and having it fail at autowarping while it's converting to wav.

Quote Originally Posted by jayauriemma01 View Post
    Im not sure if this is in the right area in the forum...

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I just started using Ableton live 8 and getting the basics down slicing sampling and syncing traktor and Ableton, which is great, but My friend sent me a set of loops and samples called XFer - Deadmau5? I'm not too sure if its good or not but the kicks, snares, claps wont let me loop them? I am really not sure why and I was looking into this and really couldn't find anything on it.

The loop button cannot be selected and when I right click on the sample to loop it it wont work and command+L also won't loop the sample.

1) Hit the "Warp" button
    2) Set the play "Start" and "End" positions
    3) Hit the "Loop" button
    4) Set the loop "Position" and "Length" parameters
    5) Play loop
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent