Can the Kontrol S4 really be beaten in terms of practicality? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    sebastiannz

laptop + s4 isn't that heavy really. but agree fitting it in most club booths will be a pain. at least until digital djing becomes more widespread and there are dedicated spaces for a controller.

Tech Mentor

Yes it can be beaten

Tech Guru

wait until DJTT does a comparative review of all the other mixer/controller combos that have popped up since NAMM that compete with the S4....

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    once the new version of traktor is out the s4 wont have much going for it other than being an "all in one solution"
    Wait... what?

Won't have much going for it other than being an "all in one solution" -> isn't that a BIG THING? Being an all in one solution? Isn't that truly amazing? I don't know, maybe it's just me? :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    Yes it can be beaten
    What would you suggest? I'm not being derogatory i'm truly intrigued as well with this question!

Depends on what you're doing.

I don't gig every week at clubs or anything, but I use an APC40 currently (same size as an S4, more or less), and I usually don't have problems making space for it. It's usually tight, but if I'm really stuck I just remove one of the club CDJs or turntables to make room.

At gigs I'm running, when my S4 arrives, I may just use it instead of an analog mixer with a pair of CDJs. People can use Traktor or mix traditionally as they see fit.

Tech Guru

If I had the money I would buy a traditional solution just to learn dj'ing basics but after reading months Im ready to go with the s4....by far the most options for the money. Even after seeing what everyone else has released this weekend I am still stuck on the s4 as the best controller.

I think alot of people think that the s4 is still the way to go. I got a little scared once I saw the new traktor software and how it was almost identical to the s4 software but.....it will be atleast 6 months until someone creates an optimized controller for the new software.

The s4 or s5 or s6 will be the best controller because it allows ONE company to have its hand in both software and hardware. Pioneer just failed by trying to mimic a GUI perfectly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123