Traktor Pro is locking up
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Traktor Pro is locking up

Hey Folks, I'm having a serious issue here and I would like to know if anyone here has an idea for this conflict I'm having. I'm using the latest build of Traktor Pro which is ver. 1.2 and Ean's updated version of the .tsi mapping file. My issue is that using any of the features of the FX/Juggle/Scratch on either jog wheel A or B Traktor Pro locks up, and when I turn the VCI off Traktor starts back to playing the track. Then I turn the VCI back on Traktor Pro Detects and I'm back in control again on the VCI. Now I have tried to switch back to firmware 1.2 to see would the issue continue and it did. My sound card is a M-Audio Fast Track Pro and I'm not getting any issues with it, but both are using usb ports and my external HDD is also on a USB port so could this cause the issue, should I get an adapter for the VCI that way its not using power from the usb. My processor is using 1.86 Ghz with 3gigs of Ram, while I am using and mixing I monitor my cpu usage and its not full its at minimum, I have exited out of everything running on the task bar, I even have my antivirus in Game Mode while using Traktor Pro. So if anybody out there that has some info on this issue, I'm all ears right now.. Thanx..
    DJ BIG Q. (HIP HOP/ OLD SKOOL)
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

so traktor does not lock up- it just stops playback? have you tried other TSi files?

Yes both your previous .tsi files I have tried and everytime I get to happy with using the jog wheel while in fx/juggle/scratch mode traktor pro locks up, Now I went back to Traktor 3.4 to see would the same issue happen, while messing around and the problem didn't occur. I just played around with Traktor pro again not to long ago, and this time I just circulated through all the fx functions and played around using the jog wheel and this time I didn't get a lock up. The song I was messing with was DJ Unk - "Show Out", and Soulja Boy Tellem "Bird Walk".
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

Jack Bastard

Hey mate, when you say lockup, do you mean completely freeze with the sound all messed up? Cos that happened to me last night whilst mucking around on Tpro and the SE.

I'm going to try and reproduce it later.

Ok during this Freeze everything within traktor locks up, but when I power off the VCI traktor continues playing whatever song that was being played. The sound card is just working with Traktor not controlling it, so if Traktor locks up in the middle of a up or down beat you will hear it constantly repeating that beat like echo and beatmasher is being used. It will continue doing that until I power off the VCI and the song continues playback like nothing happened. When I get home tonight I will try to use the generic tsi file that came with Traktor Pro and see if I continue to get this issue.
    myspace page

That sort of lock up really sounds like a audio driver problem. The audio driver is seizing up. I have also experienced things like that when using my fireface 400 but only with that sound card, never with others. Could you try it with a different card?

I will try to get an adapter for my sound card maybe it might help it out, Or I might need to adjust the latency on it cause I think its using like a small number its using, I will move it up a bit and keep tweaking to see if this works, and if I come to an area where the problem cease to occur I might need to get a adapter to use the lowest latency.
    myspace page

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I have had traktor pro lock up on me like this, eventually the audio started looping at like 1/32 and had to reboot my firebox to get it to stop.

That was on vista 32bit

Tech Wizard

Hey all, as some of you have followed my lovely experience with this lockup problem with Traktor 3 i'll yet again give you another bit of knowledge to test. I just got a usb hub yesterday and hooked it all up... unsuccesful to run both the VCI and Audio Kontrol 1. I've spent $80 on a usb hub which sorta sucks but not really because it has finally shown up with an error stating that the hub is not powerful enough to run both the VCI and the AK1. I am guessing either most likely my usb ports are for some reason not powerful enough for some reason or there is a short or something in 1 of the controllers which is highly unlikely. How could the ports not be strong enough if they are showing full capacity at 500mA??? i think thats what it said last i looked. This now brings me to have to either replace my motherboard and ports and whatnot or buy a new computer. Just another option for anyone with this problems to try to find out what is wrong with your system.

Obviously if anyone knows of any way to repair this would be great but i'm guessing big sucker loss for me and time for more $$$.

Here is the full link explaining all the alleys i have gone down to discover the problem.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...ghlight=freeze

Well when I run Traktor 3.4 I don't get any lockups and everything works fine. Its all in Traktor Pro. It could be the drivers of my soundcard cause they were released back in June and Traktor Pro was released in October so its a good chance my drivers are not working well so I might need to let M-Audio Know they need to update their drivers cause of the issues.
    myspace page

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast