Echo at different BPM to track - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A synced echo sounds shit if it's not set to the bpm of the track where you're applying the effect on. Just use the echo on the same bpm as the track you're applying it on and perform an echo freeze right before you mix in the other track with another bpm.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Quote Originally Posted by DennisHuiberts View Post
    A synced echo sounds shit if it's not set to the bpm of the track where you're applying the effect on. Just use the echo on the same bpm as the track you're applying it on and perform an echo freeze right before you mix in the other track with another bpm.
    that's what we were talking about.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

In the given example the echo is applied on deck a and the echo tempo is synced to deck b. What I mean is apply the echo on deck a and the echo tempo also synced to deck a. If you use the tempo of deck b and deck b is not the same, half or double speed as deck a, your (synced) echo will sound rubbish.

Example:
    Apply echo to deck a and make sure the echo is synced to deck a. Start with a long delay time and gradually decrease delay time (for instance, every bar). When you're at 1/32, freeze the delay and make a quick transition to the song playing on deck b.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Convert

Thanks guys, its not quite what i was looking for but i guess its the closest i'm going to get.

Sav
    Last edited by Savvy; 01-31-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisHuiberts View Post
    What I mean is apply the echo on deck a and the echo tempo also synced to deck a...
    You basically suggest the same thing in the last thread on this subject, but you're still not addressing the issue: that fact that without a BPM change, the transition becomes a trainwreck.

Also, the fact that syncing the BPM to the other deck works and sounds perfect in Ean's tutorial, but not when I sit down to try it out.
    traktor pro
    numark total control
    numark djio sennheiser hd 205
    toshiba qosmio x505-q885
    windows 7 home premium 64-bit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12