Torq 2.0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torq 2.0

Default Torq 2.0

what do u guys think

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Torq20.html

Do you already own a Numark NS7, Vestax VCI-300, or other popular DJ controller? Adding Torq 2.0 software to the mix opens up a whole new world of creative possibilities. Of course, Torq 2.0 also provides compatibility with the M-Audio Xponent® control surface for the ultimate hands-on experience.

For those who prefer the feel of traditional gear, Torq 2.0 supports vinyl and CD control out of the box—all you need are your favorite turntables or DJ CD players, a compatible audio interface, and a pair of Torq Control Vinyl or CDs (sold separately). So dive right in and build a rig that's as unique as your sound.

I tested torq 2.0 today with my xponent n connectiv... it runs great.. sound is better.. way better... great update... can't wait..

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Torq-2/videos
    Last edited by SS714SS; 01-14-2011 at 01:01 AM.
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

As always looks busy as balls. However still manageable. Torq UI has always been mad busy and crowded but in some odd way it made sense, to me at least?

I like the "new" colour scheme no more goddam acid trip colours. I will still however stick with traktor, however if I was a newbie and M-Audio still sold the torq package at their low price I would give it a MUCH more considerable look than the previous version(s)

Tech Mentor

Looks a little like Ableton, but with four decks.

Too disorganized and cramped together. IMO you'd have to spend too much time staring at the computer to get things done. Rather then paying attention to the crowd/audience.

I quite like the look of it, if i hadn't just moved over to TSP and loved it so much i would upgrade my Torq package.

Tech Guru

yea ive been messin around with the demo... and it jst froze on me. lol
    eh.. i thought itd be cooler.
    fx sound good tho

ive found I dont like the waveforms.. prefer each in its own box like traktor.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Guru

As I mentioned in the other thread about this. I'm pretty stoaked to find out that a guy I worked with back in the day all the time is running Torq for Avid. This guy was probably one of the 2 best dj's in the whole state of new mexico back in the late 90's. He just had a magic way of knowing exactly what to play, what pieces of records to play, and in the perfect combination for any given night to make a crowd just lose itself in dance.

I'm super stoaked to see hes doing so well and I think it just goes to show you that when you stick with this dj thing, work your ass off, and be as nice to everyone you meet as possible. You never know where it will end up taking you.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

The interface is a non-issue because you can now change the graphic elements and not just the colors.

That's huge...someone could easily put together something that makes Torq 2 look exactly like traktor, serato, or whatever.

I just hope no one starts making it look like some of those horrible VDJ skins.
    Make beats. Write rhymes. Spin music. Throw parties. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

CHECK ME OUT:
    www.djcoolout.com
    www.cooloutmusic.com

Played with the demo for a bit…hated it. The effects sound like @$$ and have less control than Traktor or–I think–anything else. The CF-based effects sound like garbage. And, the preferences section is worse laid-out than traktor's…imo.

So…as far as i'm concerned, it's a Fail. I think Avid needs to focus on what they're good at.

Tech Wizard

I think its too late for Torq and the price for 2.0 is $250 for software only Traktor Pro is $99. I am a Torq fan I have had it since 2007 got the upgrade last time to 1.5 and have been waiting for an update when Traktor Scratch Pro went onsale for 50% off I have been using TSP for a month and it blows the Torq 1.5 away in so many ways. I may download the demo but as someone already mentioned above I bet it will freeze up I think its funny they are claiming they opened up thier software to work with any sound card probably because the Connectiv had issues big time users on the forums where trying everything to fix it. I will always be greatful to Torq for having a DVS that anyone could afford and it did a decent job but they just waited to long to upgrade and the forum was becoming a ghost town as people moved on to other systems.

Tech Guru

yeah it sure looks like number 2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast