ideas for music?
    Tech Mentor

Default ideas for music?

hello everyone. i really need to upgrade my music library before i start this whole djing hobby. any good places to find the hottest music? especially electro house and such. i was also looking into the xponent as a first controller and heard about torq 2.0. does it sound like a good piece of equipment for a beginner? or should i go for a mixtrack or something of the sort? everyone's feedback is greatly appreciated.

For the music, Beatport/Juno Downloads.
    As for the controller, why not a VCI-100.

Tech Mentor

is it worth it to buy a vci-100 as a beginner? it looks pretty complicated, but then again so does the xponent. my budget is probably around 400 for a controller, but im not sure if i want to buy a cheap one to learn with and upgrade or just go with a more advanced one up front.

Tech Mentor

Grab a VCI.

The controller will grow with you and not impede your growth as a DJ. Its well worth it in the end.

Don't worry too much about the hottest music. Just play what you want and like. It'll make it more enjoyable in the end.

Beatport/Audiojelly/MP3 pool for me.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Johnv View Post
    Grab a VCI.

The controller will grow with you and not impede your growth as a DJ. Its well worth it in the end.

Don't worry too much about the hottest music. Just play what you want and like. It'll make it more enjoyable in the end.

Beatport/Audiojelly/MP3 pool for me.
    thanks for that, it cleared the doubts i had with buying one.