Soundcard! Hercules DJ Trim 4 & 6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soundcard! Hercules DJ Trim 4 & 6

Anyone got one of these, used one? They look great and I SERIOUSLY NEED A NEW CARD BUT HAVEN'T GOT £330 FOR AN AUDIO*....

The DeeJay Trim 4&6 USB Audio Interface was built for advanced DJ’s who already have a DJ control surface but no audio interface. This professional audio interface not only provides you with an extra USB hub that protects music from power fluctuations on the USB, but it also allows you to connect DJ gear to USB ports such as an external hard drive, USB key, and a USB mouse. The advanced, digital interface features:

[*] 4 Input channels, with VU-meters and adjustable pre-amplification via 2 handy knobs (1 per stereo input) for precise control of volume, attenuation of certain powerful sound sources such as some CD players and amplification of certain weak sound sources such as vinyl turntables
    [*]2 Different modes: 4/4 mode – 4 line/phono input channels, and 4 output channels, (4 RCA outputs at -10dBv to connect a mixer or hi-fi system, two 6.35mm mono jacks at +4dBu to connect a PA system) and a 2/6 mode (2 input channels, and 6 output channels),
    [*]An integrated USB 2.0 hub with 3 ports, powered by an included power adapter, to connect an external hard drive or USB key
    [*]A microphone input with talk-over function
    [*]A headphone output
    [*]A sturdy steel body, capable of standing up to the most intensive use
    The essence of technology and connectivity, the DeeJay Trim 4&6 perfectly meets all DJ requirements, while offering exemplary stability.
    I am severly tempted.......
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

This retails between £170 and £227 in the UK, I have managed to find one for £143.00 so am buying it.

Let the winds of good fortune smile upon me.
    Tony the Pony.

That Hercules interface seems to have relatively low gain outputs. How many outputs do you need, do you have a Mac or PC. Do you have FireWire?
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Quote Originally Posted by DennisHuiberts View Post
    That Hercules interface seems to have relatively low gain outputs. How many outputs do you need, do you have a Mac or PC. Do you have FireWire?
    I have a PC without firewire and need at least 2 outputs and 2 inputs as I mix on 2 channels externally.

I currently have an audio2dj and an m-audio fast track pro, neither of which have inputs so since moving to external I have been unable to record any sets....

This is my main motivation for buying a new card. I can't afford an audio8dj until March but can't wait that long and I am unsure about the Vestax Tank....
    Tony the Pony.

Those inputs. Do they have to be 2 stereo inputs or 2 mono? If mono is the case, go for the NI Audio Kontrol 1. Should fit your pricerange. Don't go for the Vestax Tank, it's too expensive for what you get and it has an USB 1.1 interface, which makes decent latencies almost impossible.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Those inputs. Do they have to be 2 stereo inputs or 2 mono? If mono is the case, go for the NI Audio Kontrol 1. Should fit your pricerange. Don't go for the Vestax Tank, it's too expensive for what you get and it has an USB 1.1 interface, which makes decent latencies almost impossible.
    I was reading that USB 1.1 doesn't actually have any effect on the latency, just the band width or something, I'm a n00b when it comes to sound, this also means I am not too comfortable with mono inoputs as I have always used stereo and splitting a stereo signal to a mono one cponfuses me with regard to sound quality and also to the paracticalities, is it easy to do or will I be left with a card I still can't use in a way that I want?

Cheers for your help in this.
    Tony the Pony.

What are you planning to connect on the inputs? Guitars, mics, etc. are mono, so with one stereo input (= 2 mono inputs) you can connect two guitars, mics etc. As long as the audio source produces a mono signal it's not necessary to connect it in stereo.

For instance: let's say you're using two decks in Traktor, want to mix externally and then record back on your computer, you'll need two stereo outs and one stereo in. In this case the Audio Kontrol 1 will suffice.
    Check out my work!

For instance: let's say you're using two decks in Traktor, want to mix externally and then record back on your computer, you'll need two stereo outs and one stereo in. In this case the Audio Kontrol 1 will suffice.
    That's exactly what I want it for........
    Tony the Pony.

Then you know what to get. For that price it's unbeatable on all fronts.

Should set you back around 199 Pounds new:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Native-Instrum...item4155bb55b4

Or you could get a better deal second hand...
    Check out my work!

Is the low gains on the outputs the only issue with the hercules?

i have gigs I want to record a demo for and no way of doing it, the Audio Kontrol 1 is impossible to find at the moment.... (on the street, anyway )
    Tony the Pony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast