Claude K's VCI-300 / T Pro .tsi - V1.1....
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Claude K's VCI-300 / T Pro .tsi - V1.1....

Hi all,

I am starting to dig into the programming of Traktor Pro and using the modifiers and here is my first TSI. I have gotten most of everything I need to play out and running like Itch style, but now with FX. ..I made a lil video but have revised a few things today and will keep on modding to make this the best we can. I am using Mini.trans and all is cool, but have to say not as tight as Itch. So here are the basic commands..

FILES MODE= FX MODE turns most knobs to control the FX . The Eq's are left alone globally. Turn it of to go back to regular control.

Knobs are:
    FX 1 TRIM (FX 1 Amount)
    CUE IN 1-3/OUT turn on/off fx and flip through FX banks.
    SHIFT+TRIM is FX 1 WET/DRY for all FX or use PITCH sliders

FX 2 are controlled via Volume sliders
    FX 3 controlled via Platters and amount is controlled via MON SELECT (MASTER CUE KNOB) per deck a/b (flips between both when using platters a or b)
    (influenced bu Ean's TSI !! Maybe he can make better Thanks

Scratch ON =SCRATCH

Filter On &Off /Low Bass EQ= SHIFT + DOUBLE

Turn on FX1/2 Deck a/b = (SCROLL+Pitch Shift small buttons)

VIEW BROWSER FULL= BROWSE BUTTON (Toggs On/OFF)
    [Once loading the selected track browser window closes]

COPY DECK= SCROLL + KEY LOCK (Deck A sends to B and vica versa)

Navigation

Pretty straight forward...up/down buttons goes through browser & pushing the
    middle button Toggs to the Treelist and same up/down..
    Also can sort through tracks via holding SCROLL+ PLATTER (like in Itch)

LOAD TRACK like in Itch..SCROLL + PFL A OR B..

SEEK = SHIFT+ MONITOR SELECT KNOB= SEEKs THROUGH A TUNE (not in FX mode)

LOOP ON/OFF/AUTO LOOP- works like it should (Autoloop) but working on led's..(next version)

SYNC-as it says...

EQ's (3 band) are all there and trims and cross fader

hmm..what did I forget to mention..those are the basic controls..
    all other controls work as they are on the VCI-300 ..

what is coming:To do list:

-still many buttons left to control like CENSORs..
    -CUE point's (1-3) on main controls..
    -maybe better cue and play pause control
    - scratch over cdj mode but need to control pitch via platters too..(T pro update??)
    - deck mixing (DECKS C+D)
    -Tuning

ENJOY!! VCI-300 rock it anyway u want!
    Download here;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b5s7cw
    Last edited by claudek; 12-17-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Wow, awesome work dude
    Respect for sharing your efforts.
    Will give this a whirl as soon as my VCI-300 arrives...

Tech Mentor

super thanks!!

Tech Guru

no problem..took some time, but always learning more..
    Any ideas to make better, let me know..I am challenged to make this baby rock as best as possible.

Tech Guru

added some scratching now to by touching platters.
    also Seek can be used Itch style by Holding SHIFT and platters.
    Cue /Play are now only on buttons instead of previous cue/play..
    (simple and easy jammin'! )
    very tight now on my Mac with latency at 15.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d41ym2

Tech Mentor

i have not gotten around to test your tsi yet.. hopefully this weekend. i was originally going to sell my vci300 but from your video.. makes me want to keep it now. the effects got me sold!

i will def give you some feedback!! thanks again!

Tech Guru

I was thinking of selling it too because I have been a little put off by the slow development of Itch. It seems like it will not be what I want it to be. I am only hoping that at NAMM Show, maybe they will offer some Ableton FX bridge and surprise us.

So, for the mean time and for fun I decided to map Traktor Pro to my needs and honestly works very well now. I just have to work on cue hot points but a little confused on how this is mapped in Traktor Pro..
    I like the 300 for the built in sound card, which is quite good and the unit is quite solid. I also like the longer, no indented pitch faders..Platters are bigger & Also, 14 bit midi.
    I think will be in next update of Traktor Pro may even support this.

Also, with for example a Korg NanoKontrol... (black will be nice with changing the Korg to black Vestax knobs!!) will be reall nice and even more knobs than its' cousin and be dope together.
    Last edited by claudek; 12-19-2008 at 01:43 AM.

It sounds like you have exactly the same plans for your set up as me, claudek I am holding out for the release of the black version of the nanoKontrol before I buy one, it should go nicely with the VCI-300. The main complaint I have heard about the nanoKontrol is the plasticy feel of the knobs, so I was also considering swapping them for rubber ones. Do you know if the knobs that suit the VCI-100 (such as those sold on this website) will fit properly?

Once again, thank you for your efforts in this project. Over the next month or two I plan to experiment more with custom midi mappings myself, so perhaps I will be able to contribute something.

seems like all these vci-300 guys (including myself) are having the same idea

i own a 300 and a nanoKontrol, didn't want to wait for the black version (didn't know there would be one anyways) - if i want to have it black i'll just paint it

i did some mapping with tpro, but as my time is somewhat limited i didn't make any good progress so far... what i did right now is map the 300 to use the basic stuff (cue points, loop, scratch, tempo, ......) and the kontrol to do all the fx stuff and i also used one of the scenes for changing beatgrids on the fly and dropping hot cues.

i really like your mapping from the video claudek, tomorrow i will have some time to put it through the test - if it works for me then i'll try to contribute some stuff as i am currently trying to create some smart-knobs (tried midipipe but didn't achieve anything useful - maybe i'll try the demo of max/msp or something)...

if i could use your mapping and incorporate some smart knobs/faders i think it would be the killer setup - there would be no need for the kontrol anymore

well - long post, short message:
    thanks for your efforts claudek!

Tech Guru

Hey all,
    The VCI-300 club
    Good we are all working together on this.
    Morbido can you see if a VCI300 knob fits on the Korg Nono ok? I was thinking it would look great with it and a black one or painted.
    I plan to post a newer video later of my update.
    Cheers,
    C

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast