Midi Controlled sample/jingle/drop player

Default Midi Controlled sample/jingle/drop player

I often take my vci and laptop down to the radio station where i do my show. The thing is I have to use their mini disc player for drops/jingles etc. What I'd like is a dedicated software solution that I could hook up to a midi controller.

I've been casting around the net for ages looking for this and am on the verge of learning Visual Basic and coding the damn thing myself!

But before I do I'd thought I'd consult the community. So wise and wonderful people, any ideas?

Had a look into Ableton Live? thats probably the best program i can think of to handle what you need it too.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Had a look into Ableton Live? thats probably the best program i can think of to handle what you need it too.
    A++++ for that...i think ableton is your best option

Man I'm just moving from Virtual DJ to Traktor, now I have to learn Ableton too?

Does it play nice with Traktor? Will there be issues using the two together?

Hear you on that one bro...i went from VDJ (beginner) and hopped right into Albeton (advanced)...Its a bitchin piece of software with a limitless amount of possibilities that I am still trying to wrap my head around...But definitely give it a try and it may solve your problems...Though the Vci isnt the ideal controller for Ableton from what I've been reading..

Why not take a program like GarageBand and just merge all the jingles and stuff onto one "song" then set up cue points with Traktor for each different one?

Simpler then going out and buying a new program, no?
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

Quote Originally Posted by Bigga View Post
    Man I'm just moving from Virtual DJ to Traktor, now I have to learn Ableton too?

Does it play nice with Traktor? Will there be issues using the two together?
    Depends how hardcore you want to go!

I personally route Traktors decks into different channels in Ableton - the only issues for getting them to work together is the difficulty in doing so.

Read the article in my signiture i wrote if your into that kinda thing.