I've been searching high and low and I figured trying here couldn't hurt.

I recently went from vinyl to digital vinyl, or I should say I'm trying to. I got Traktor Scratch Pro when it was cheap and wanted to install it onto my Dell XPS M1710. It's a fairly fast machine and has never had a problem running any number of DAWs: I used to run Sonar, then Protools, now Ableton for production but I've never done anything with streaming music with software DJ programs.

I've found that audio will not flow properly through the computer and the audio 8 without cracking/popping and dropping out every 20 seconds. I've found the DPC latency monitor and can see a massive spike up to almost 6000 just about every 20 seconds. In between spikes the audio runs fine and there are no random noises.

Apparently this is a large problem with Dell laptops and I've done the usual fixes that I've found: turning off Powermizer on the video card, disabling ACPI power management and turning off EVERYTHING except the USB port that the Audio 8 is coming out of including wireless. I can't seem to get the spikes to go away and was wondering if anyone here had a workaround/ idea that I might not have tried yet.

Thanks.

(my username isn't a rework of Xtian's, I used this name in video games as a kid, thought it was funny when I saw Xtian)