Need Some Suggestions
    Tech Wizard

Default Need Some Suggestions

Hey guys in a couple of weeks im going to be djing a fundraiser at a supermarket as a favor to my friend. im used to doing house parties and parties around campus where the music i generally just play is electro and house just to get people dancing however the venue this time will be totally different and its totally out of what im used to. i dont expect people to be dancing just passer bys so im kinda looking for suggestions on what to play that might sound pleasant as there are a whole demograph of people, not just drunk college kids who want to get laid. im thinkin throwing in some top 40,some usual electro house and perhaps maybe throw in some ean golden daft punk juggle in there , but anyways im wondering what you guys think. and maybe some suggestions as to what you guys would do if you were in my shoes. thanks.

For a supermarket show, only one thing comes to mind.... MOTOWN!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

you can rickroll them and get away with it

+ 1 MOTOWN!

I'd rock 60s, 70s, and 80s myself, there's a lot of really old people where I shop, though. Maybe a playlist of all the songs about food that you can find...

Just have fun and keep it clean!

.....Now I want to DJ a supermarket, sounds interesting...I wonder if you'll get many requests...

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

+1 rickroll.

I bought a box of 75 old 45s on ebay for £20, and now i have that shit on VINYL. Booyah, vintage rickroll.

P.S. God damn this spanish keyboard, I had to google 'pounds' to get the right symbol.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    +1 rickroll.

I bought a box of 75 old 45s on ebay for £20, and now i have that shit on VINYL. Booyah, vintage rickroll.

P.S. God damn this spanish keyboard, I had to google 'pounds' to get the right symbol.
    I know that feeling! The Computer I used while I was in england, Dollar signs felt like a chore.

it's a pain in the ass, took me 2 weeks to work out how to type the € sign ffs. (you use Alt Gr which I don't think I've ever used in my life up til now).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES