VST plugins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VST plugins

Tech Mentor

Default VST plugins

It it EVER be implemented into Traktor?

I just got the S4, and I love it, but I don't love being limited to Traktors effects.

I'd much rather have the option of buying my own VSTs to run effects through.

smart mix it through ableton and use vsts on the signal running from traktor through ableton

ya dig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOyhDAEhLkA
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

I do dig. I dig very hard actually.

I can't check that vid, because I'm at work.

My question is.... how well does this work? Is it solid? I'm running an iMac Quad core i5, 8 gigs of ram, and Ableton crashes every once in a while still.

I'm also running a 2008 aluminum unibody MacBook, would I need to totally upgrade computers just to avoid crashes?

If I can use BT's Stutter Edit with Traktor my life would be complete.

VST support within Traktor would be great, however I doubt they will for at least 1 reason... there's too much badly coded and unstable VST around... worst on the Freeware side

Quote Originally Posted by PRESSPL>Y View Post
    I do dig. I dig very hard actually.
    hahaha

i havnt had too many problems (lag mostly), but my issue right now is that i need a powered hub / a new monitor to do what i really want with traktor/ableton but until i get some cash that isnt gonna happen.

8 gigs of ram and your crashing? are you running other programs (bluetooth,wif,ect) or just ableton when this happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

ctrld

If I can use BT's Stutter Edit with Traktor my life would be complete.
    for fuck's sake people, have mercy on the goddamn crowd! I can understand using stutter edit (or similar stuff) in livesets to chop up PARTS of tracks, but please don't do this during a DJ set where you're mixing complete tunes... it really doesn't make them any better. don't get me wrong, I really love effects, but the people on the floor rarely do. instead, they just want to dance. going "1/64 brbr 1/128 brrrrrrr trrrr wrrrrr 1/64T bbr bbr 1/32 prrbrr" on them seriously fucks up the flow. this is a DJ set, you're not supposed to battle the crowd into submission

on the flipside, implement VST support in traktor and my beer bottle hit accuracy will probably increase by several %.

+1!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    for fuck's sake people, have mercy on the goddamn crowd! I can understand using stutter edit (or similar stuff) in livesets to chop up PARTS of tracks, but please don't do this during a DJ set where you're mixing complete tunes... it really doesn't make them any better. don't get me wrong, I really love effects, but the people on the floor rarely do. instead, they just want to dance. going "1/64 brbr 1/128 brrrrrrr trrrr wrrrrr 1/64T bbr bbr 1/32 prrbrr" on them seriously fucks up the flow. this is a DJ set, you're not supposed to battle the crowd into submission

on the flipside, implement VST support in traktor and my beer bottle hit accuracy will probably increase by several %.

I don't use effects enough that I think that would be a problem. I'm in 100% agreement that most tracks should be played out as complete tunes, the way they were intended by the production artist. But as a DJ, I would feel like a fraud/iPod if I couldn't artistically modify/colour/chop up a track. The crowd would also be bored watching a DJ play simply mix track A with track B. I would use the Stutter Edit the same way I would use Loop Roll to create a live drum patters, except the Stutter Edit is FAR more cool and advanced than a basic loop roll.

@ctrld: I saw your APC80 demo video, and you were going crazy with the effects. I really liked what you were doing, but why would you bash the Stutter Edit or assume I would not do it justice, when you were using effects almost every 8 bars.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't remember seeing anybody dancing in that video. That was a beat battle, where you're supposed to do stuff like that. I would bet when ctrld is playing a regular gig he's much sparser on FX. They have their place and if used correctly can be great, but so many people over use them it's crazy.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

ctrld

The crowd would also be bored watching a DJ play simply mix track A with track B.
    would they? would they really?

I would use the Stutter Edit the same way I would use Loop Roll to create a live drum patters, except the Stutter Edit is FAR more cool and advanced than a basic loop roll.
    true. if you know your shit, that's okay. but 99% of the other people, those who jump on every little feature that gets teasered in some blurry promo video - they don't.

@ctrld: I saw your APC80 demo video, and you were going crazy with the effects. I really liked what you were doing, but why would you bash the Stutter Edit or assume I would not do it justice, when you were using effects almost every 8 bars.
    that was a short showcase at a trade fair, not a proper live- or DJ set by far I don't do such obvious in-your-face stuff in clubs unless the crowd makes me feel like they want it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast