octatrack and hardware controlerism
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default octatrack and hardware controlerism

what do you think of the elektron octatrack ? we don't know much about it now but it could be an interesting tool for the ableton live dj.
    basicly it's a creative sampler that do real time timestrech like ableton but seems to provide lots more creative function to twist samples

I think you would find you would get alot more replys if you posted a picture or even better a video of the controller so those people who havent seen it don't have to go google it for theirselves in order to contribute to the thread.

Tech Wizard

my bad
    http://www.elektron.se/products/octatrack

it's a hardware sampler that can read directly from a CP card (up to 64 gb) or load sample in the ram for extended sonic manipulation

there is not much info now but you can manipulate pitch, loop stard/end, trigger slicer and there is a" scene" function that is bit like dummy clip but that you can trigger in real time

Tech Guru

movie was totally "cool story bro"
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

Looks really good, had a look at a few reveiws and stuff - then i saw the price.

£1k. Meh.

Tech Guru

nice movie, I liked it

Tech Wizard

i have received mine and i'm working on a short mix to show the possibilities... it's so powerfull.
    basicly it's a sampler that have around 7:30 min of ram and unlimited streaming directly from a compact flash (up to 32 gb)
    It's automaticly timestretch thing like ableton.
    You have 8 tracks that could be ram player or CF player
    the biggest difference between ram player and cf player is that on the cf player you can only tweek pitch but on the ram player you can rearrange on the fly as you want with 64 slice the loop. you can also with the ram machine play sample in reverse
    Each action is locked to trig in the sequencer so you could decide to put on trig 1 to put the sample in reverse at the 3th slice and so on...
    the sky is the limit
    You have also 2 effect by channel and there is a 3 band dj eq with kill fonction.
    You have a crossfader that can switch between two scene. A scene is totally set up of all your parameter. for djing you could tweek volume and dj eq bass on 2 machines for example.

Basicly it's just a more powerfull version of ableton. you don't have the dummy clips but you have scene and a sequencer to mangle loops with is far more powerfull
    THIS FUCKING KICKS ASS

Keh Keh... Its over 9000!
    Must be good

Nice, overpriced, and doesn't deliver what it should for the price tag in my opinion.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    Basicly it's just a more powerfull version of ableton.
    You consider it more powerful than Ableton Live? I'm not saying you're wrong (you own the thing)…frankly, I think that the people who say it doesn't deliver for the money or aren't impressed with it just have never seen a hardware sequencer or groove box and don't have a clue what it is…I'm just a bit surprised. I was really impressed with what I've seen of the thing, but…I wouldn't have thought it was more powerful (with obvious allowances, of course).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast