Korg Nano Series 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Korg Nano Series 2

Haven't seen anyone talking about this. I'm particularly happy with what I've gotten out of my nano gear, and this looks like they are stepping it up a notch:

http://www.korg.co.uk/products/softw...2/sc_nano2.php

KORG nanoSERIES2 Slim-line USB-MIDI Controllers

Announcing the new nanoSERIES2; three compact and convenient USB-MIDI controller models offering serious features for the computer-based musician
    Slim-line controllers combining cutting-edge design and technology

Each of the nanoSERIES2 of ultra-compact and low-profile USB-MIDI controllers will fit perfectly in front of your laptop computer or desktop keyboard, offering impressive control while conserving valuable set-up space. Simply connect a single USB cable, and you've got a music production studio on your desk at home or on the go.
    Three models to suit your needs

The nanoKEY2 is equipped with 25 velocity-sensing keys and an advanced design for reliable recording. For entering drum parts, the nanoPAD2 is the top choice. It boasts 16 responsive pads and an X-Y touchpad, just as on the KAOSSILATOR PRO. The nanoKONTROL2 provides knobs, switches, and faders – perfect for controlling any DAW computer based DAW or numerous types of other music production software. Choose one, two or all three nanoSERIES2 controllers, and set up a simple and stylish system that's perfect for your music production needs.
    Two stylish colors: Black and White.

Each of the three nanoSERIES2 models is available in your choice of bold Black or bright White. Choose the color that’s right for you – match your computer, contrast your console – it all up to you!
    An ideal companion for the microKEY

The nanoSERIES2 controllers are the ideal companions for the 37-note, natural-touch Korg microKEY. The latter’s dual USB hub ports allow any two nanoSERIES2 controllers to be connected directly to the microKEY to create a customized, expanding control center for any music production system.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Looks like this is their response to Akai absolutely slaughtering them with their much higher quality of the nano products - lets hope they have stepped up the quality of their product as the original nano's were terrible in terms of build quality.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Looks like this is their response to Akai absolutely slaughtering them with their much higher quality of the nano products - lets hope they have stepped up the quality of their product as the original nano's were terrible in terms of build quality.
    I literally have owned 4 nanoKey's and they have all broken. The only reason I keep buying them is because im getting them on discount from Best Buy.
    I actually prefer the chicklet style keys for cuepoints and stuff rather than the LPK's more realistic keys though.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

kontrol2 seems like a nice kit to control samplers volumes and filters in traktor (think loops, not heavy drumming with samples)

Banned

hmmm, I use the Nano Kontrols for my Traktor set up (five in all) and not sure how I feel about them going to eight channels now instead of nine. But each channel has three buttons now instead of two so that might work out best in the long run.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    hmmm, I use the Nano Kontrols for my Traktor set up (five in all) and not sure how I feel about them going to eight channels now instead of nine. But each channel has three buttons now instead of two so that might work out best in the long run.
    assuming this time they will last a long run...
    Last edited by padi_04; 01-19-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Yep, they need to up the build quality on the Nanopads. I got through 3 including 2 DOA before I gave up.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Banned

I've never had any issues with any of mine to be honest. Work just as good as the day I got them

just got my nanoKontrol 2 today
    pretty disappointed that the promised "logic plug and play" is not so true

got home, hooked it up to logic 9 and nothing worked, quick read at the manual said i need to download some control plugin for logic to make it work, went to korg website and guess what? they havent uploaded the files yet!! I have been browsing for hours and hours and had no luck finding the files required to run logic, i have to map every single fader and knob myself with CMD + L then, damn

on the other hand, it works fine with ableton, the "track select" actually works fine, as in you control channel 1-8, press "next track" and you have channels 9-16 and so on

build quality a lot better than the first nanoKontrol (i owned the first one which was broken in 2 months)
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Student

somebody can tell me where can i buy the nanopad 2? I'm very interested in it.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast