Suggestions:Booking through our website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Suggestions:Booking through our website

We take booking inquiries through our web site which is later managed in an internal system. It's fully automatic and creates and sends out the invoices. It's home built and a little buggy so we're thinking of getting a professional one. Do you have any suggestions on a good booking system?

Tech Student

In short:
    I want a better booking system than the one we use now in our dj group. If you have any good suggestions on a booking software/website system please help me out.
    Last edited by tekki; 01-19-2011 at 04:31 PM.

frecon, i hate to say it but this looks alot like spam. Could you give us a little more info on what system you are using?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I dunno what made anyone set off their 'spam' alarms. Nothing caught my eye at all.

No shady links, not trying to sell us anything, not trolling...

Sorry to say but I bet all of you need to not only get your Spam-dar checked out, but your Gay-dar as well.

Did a little clean up, let's give this another shot, alright?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Student

Thanks Chilly and Tekki.

I can give you all a little more info on how our system works today so you'll know what kind of functions we need. We have a web page where customers can fill out a form for an booking inquiry. This is then sent to our intern web where we can set a price for the booking and have the system create an invoice and email this to the customer. We can also assign which dj/djs will take the gig and their wage. The web page is in php and built by us. Our problem is that there's too many bugs ie. sometimes it doesn't email out booking confirmation etc. We don't have the time to maintain it and therefore want to get a professional booking system. We have around 150 gigs a year so it need to be a proven system.
    Last edited by frecon; 01-19-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Make sure all automated emails are being set up properly with a valid From address, etc...sometimes in the case of bulk emails, it's worth it to double check with your ISP in case you have to add some special MX record

i love this this forum never fails to make me smile

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

2 options for you.

1. Plain and simple would be joomla based site with Appointment Booking Pro installed.

2. What you might look at is possibly a Vtiger / Joomla Based system (both open source).

I've set up both for the previous company I worked for to handle enquiries, inventory, support and resources.

Vtiger is pretty full featured and would enable you to have your main site > linked to the client management / Create users > assign gigs to jocks > email and print invoices.

This would also allow a "support" area which would also have a list of invoices AND handle resources such as gear rental / travel etc...as well as your marketing management.

Check it out its open source http://www.vtigercrm.com

of course if you don't wanna swap your internal system over the above might not work, just an idea though ... its shouldn't cost that much to set up.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was thinking something along the lines of Joomla as well. The hard work's already been done you just have to implement it. Plus the support community is pretty good.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast