Used NI Maschine broken?

Default Used NI Maschine broken?

Hi DJTT!
    I finally bought a used Maschine on ebay. But when I try to start it, just all lights and the display lighten up for a few seconds and then it turns off again. Maybe its useful to say that I havent got the original cd of this maschine, it was sold without it, but I thought it wouldn't br ammme a prob because a friend has got a maschine cd.
    It is broken (( ? Or is it normal without the cd?

Sorry for my bad english!

Tech Guru

maschine software isnt transferrable. its locked to the ni account.

if you dont have the cd key, im not sure what you can do. hopefully someone will chime in.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

So its not a hardware error?

Quote Originally Posted by joostoftoday View Post
    So its not a hardware error?
    After it all lights up, does the left display say Maschine, and the right display say "Start Maschine Software or Press Shift+Control for MIDI"?

If it says that, then the hardware is working fine. If it does not, then the hardware is not working.

As for the serial #, it is transferrable, as long as it is not the student version. If it is the student version it is not transferrable. If you bought the Maschine and did not get the CD Key with it then I don't know if there is much you can do about it at this point, aside from contacting NI.

Hope I helped, and best of luck!

Filterkat

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    After it all lights up, does the left display say Maschine, and the right display say "Start Maschine Software or Press Shift+Control for MIDI"?

If it says that, then the hardware is working fine. If it does not, then the hardware is not working.

As for the serial #, it is transferrable, as long as it is not the student version. If it is the student version it is not transferrable. If you bought the Maschine and did not get the CD Key with it then I don't know if there is much you can do about it at this point, aside from contacting NI.

Hope I helped, and best of luck!
    +1 on this

if it displays "Start Maschine Software or Press Shift+Control for MIDI" after, then you can still use maschine as a midi controller... by pressing shift control, i use mine for traktor and drumpads in logic... but a lot of the good features that come with maschine are pretty useless without the software.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Did the ebay listing say it did not come with the CD or that it was an educational version? If not you may be able to contact them because you were sold something you can't use except for a midi device if you're lucky.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yup, the hardware is just a dumb midi controller.

The software is on the CD and the software does all the work as regards the music creation stuff.

You will need a valid license key, that has been transferred to yourself personally by the original owner contrating NI, for yourself to be able to use it.

If the license key is an educational one, it CANNOT be transferred, and you've basically just bought yourself a dumb midi controller.

If you get no joy from the vendor, you should raise a greivance with eBay immediately.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

+1 to Filterkat and Photojojo.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    If you get no joy from the vendor, you should raise a greivance with eBay immediately.
    +1 for sure to this as well!

If the vendor did not tell you that the hardware is pretty much worthless without the software, I would definitely tell Ebay about it.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Out of interest who was the eBay seller . Im not gonna go running to NI but i would like to know if it is a notorious seller of this kind of stuff.

As cool as the Maschine controller is, i agree with Lethal Pizzle here. On its own its a pretty average midi controller.
    You get much more control with an X1 and, 2 X1s blow a Maschine out of the water.