Help! Deck A stoped scratch! Now it didn't work even in Traktor 3.3...
    Tech Wizard

Default Help! Deck A stoped scratch! Now it didn't work even in Traktor 3.3...

My old setup:

Black VCI 100, 1.3 firmware, traktor 3.3, Audio Kontrol 1, Macbook Pro 2.4, 2gb ram

Eveything was perfect here.

Then I started with Traktor Pro. In the beggining it was fine and I was in love. Last week I tried to connect with Ableton and downloaded the last TSI files.
    Thats where things started to go wrong.

Now my deck A doesn't scratch and his buttons are not responding as it should. Deck B works fine. Other special layouts (EAN) are working but just in Deck B.
    I tried to change back TSI files and nothing. Tried in Traktor 3.3 and the same problem. Tried Traktor LE and it didn't recognize my VCI100.

I'm worried cause it can be a physical problem with the Vestax.

Any idea how can I confirm that?

Is it possible to check midi notes coming from Deck A to make sure it's broken or not? What would they be? Can you send a print screen?

If you have any suggestion, please tell me. I got a gig tomorrow...

Today i'm gonna try in a PC to see if it has the same problem.

Thanks a lot
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 HW + firmware 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio Kontrol 1, Korg Microkontrol.

Tech Wizard

Default New explanation about my problem...

As I explained before, my main problem is my Deck A. I can play, cue, stop, pitch and bend. But when I try to scratch it doesn't work. If I press Vinyl Mode, the deck stops play (not freeze) and I can scratch but without the play state and the buttons (play, cue, set cue) doesn't work. If I press Vinyl Mode again it starts to play again.
    Everything is working fine in Deck B.

I've tried all TSI and didn't work too. Tried to go back to Traktor 3.3 and the same shit.

Any light on it?

Thanks
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 HW + firmware 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio Kontrol 1, Korg Microkontrol.

Quote Originally Posted by cauito View Post
    I'm worried cause it can be a physical problem with the Vestax.

Any idea how can I confirm that?

Is it possible to check midi notes coming from Deck A to make sure it's broken or not? What would they be? Can you send a print screen?
    Yes, you can check the midi being sent. I use Bomes Midi Translator... I think MidiOx might be a bit more convenient to view all midi messages. In both softwares you need to open them without Traktor running. Select your VCI-100 as an input. If you want to then send out to Traktor then you'll need to install MidiYoke as well. MidiYoke creates virtual midi channels. You can then select one of the midi channels you created as the output in Bomes/MidiOx and select the same channel as the input in Traktor.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Tech Wizard

Default Any tutorial?

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my english. Do you have any idea on how can I check midi notes from Vestax using that programs? Is there a method or something? Have no experience on it...

thanks!

you need to download a midi translator- this will show you what messages are being sent by your vci-100. you can also check in traktor to see if the midi light is lighting up when those controls are touched.

Tech Wizard

Default Sorry for that

Sorry about my stupid question here. After all my tries, I realized the dumb I am. I just found out whats going on. So fucking simple. Somehow Deck A changed the sensitivity (screw button behind VCI) to a point that scratch didn~t work! One tip here is that LED sensor was lighted up. After I adjust that everything went back fine.

Sorry guys I made you lost your time reading this.

And thanks again for your support.

Caue Ito
    Brazil