Name and promoting assistance needed please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Name and promoting assistance needed please

So I've been a strip club DJ for close to 13 years and never had a DJ name ( i keep it as hip-hop/club/ as I can)...never really needed one. Now I'm trying to promote myself and the clubs I work at via FB and Twitter and have no alias save my name (Pat or Patrick). Noob request I'm sure but any help picking one would be appreciated as I'm crap for picking names (that don't sound like super-villians or mad scientists). So far I've cracked about:

DJ DecibelKing (everyone says I have the music LOUD)

DJ RMX (I'm the one that usually brings in the new, remixed, or forgotten tracks)

DJ Tech (3 homebuilt desktops, IOS devices, and tech support to all my friends)

P.A.T. (one of my boys say my name stands for personal air time)

Also what do you think about using Facebook and Twitter for promoting?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PDMD2204 View Post
    So I've been a strip club DJ for close to 13 years and never had a DJ name ( i keep it as hip-hop/club/ as I can)...never really needed one. Now I'm trying to promote myself and the clubs I work at via FB and Twitter and have no alias save my name (Pat or Patrick). Noob request I'm sure but any help picking one would be appreciated as I'm crap for picking names (that don't sound like super-villians or mad scientists). So far I've cracked about:

DJ DecibelKing (everyone says I have the music LOUD)

DJ RMX (I'm the one that usually brings in the new, remixed, or forgotten tracks)

DJ Tech (3 homebuilt desktops, IOS devices, and tech support to all my friends)

P.A.T. (one of my boys say my name stands for personal air time)

Also what do you think about using Facebook and Twitter for promoting?
    decibelking sounds too ghetto imo

rmx reminds me of the hercules rmx controller

dj tech is a crappy chinese company that makes fisher price like dj controllers.

p.a.t. i dunno not feeling it.

remember the biggest dj's in the world just use their own name. john digweed, sasha, paul oakenfold, bt (are initials), etc...

keep it simple, less is more.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

good point, I read a post on here tonight (can't remember the author) but they said they used "music by..." for their gigs. I thought about doing that as well. it's just Patrick Martyn-Dow doesn't seem to vent the Dj aura either hahaha.
    Setup 1: 2010 13'MBP 128gig SSD, VCI-100se, Audio 2DJ,
    Setup 2: Custom Desktop, AMD 2.4GHz 3core, 80gig SSD, 1Tb archive drive, 1010lt M-Audio soundcard

Tech Guru

do you have any mixes up on soundcloud? giving a listen might inspire me a bit (and others as well
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

not yet...it's crazy cause I've been doing this for 13years or so but I just started working and making moves to take it beyond the strip club. A friend started using it to upload his mixes and I was looking into doing the same.
    Setup 1: 2010 13'MBP 128gig SSD, VCI-100se, Audio 2DJ,
    Setup 2: Custom Desktop, AMD 2.4GHz 3core, 80gig SSD, 1Tb archive drive, 1010lt M-Audio soundcard

Tech Guru

honestly I think PDMD is pretty good.

write the logo like EPMD and youre good to go.

Tech Mentor

damn.
    i would love to spin at a strip club for 13 years.
    haha

but yeah dude, keep it simple.
    for instance my name is just ChrisEPIC lol random myspace name i had quite a few years back lol

what's wronmg with sounding like a super-villians or mad scientist?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    what's wronmg with sounding like a super-villians or mad scientist?
    Nothing!

Actually, everything is right with those options...seriously guys, who of you does not dream of a career in super-villainism? I know, I do
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Nothing!

Actually, everything is right with those options...seriously guys, who of you does not dream of a career in super-villainism? I know, I do
    then we are sworn enemys. better watch your back the next time you try to rob a bank

and once again, the day is saved thanks to...

THEORY!
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast