whats the best ableton tutorial?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default whats the best ableton tutorial?

I want to learn ableton but have no idea where to start. Its not the type of program like traktor or maschine where you can fool around with for a few hours and have a lot of the basics down. So how and where did you guys learn ableton?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

endless hours playing with it (and rtfm). I'd rather learn by myself than taking courses. i'm not a wiz but i get the job done.

bought software comes with manuals.. they're usually a good place to start. then theres youtube, vimeo, ableton.com, abletonlivedj.com, google....

watch all the dubspot videos/videos about what you wanna accomplish with the program (djing/producing)

and sit there and play with it. someone gave me awesome advice when i started playing with ableton.....

Start something, work on it for an hr. at the end of that hr. save and open a new file. repeat the process.

do that 50-100 times and you should have the basics of how to make some of the sounds you wanna make (that doesnt include the countless hours watching youtube videos trying to figure it all out)

its a long road. but its a blast. i surprise myself all the time with what i can do with that program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

I viewed multiple online tutorials, but found I needed a bit more of a structured approach. I bit the bullet and paid for live-courses.com. It is pricey at $288 for the beginner/intermediate and another $288 for the advanced courses. You can bundle both of them and use the loopmasters coupon code LM20 which comes to $288 for everything. The beginner courses are very entry level, but that is cool with me. I like building on a solid foundation. I have not yet started the advanced courses. The course includes about 800MB of loops and samples and a novation bass station plugin.

Also check out Tom Cosm's website http://www.cosm.co.nz/
    He has lots of free tutorials and for ten bucks a month you get complete access
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Tech Wizard

Go to Youtube. Most important thing to learn is how to warp your songs and samples. I learned everything from the manual, Youtube and just playing around with it and a little over a year later have made a complete switch from Traktor

I found this site pretty damn awesome. http://nickstutorials.com/ A lot of free stuff on there as well as some tutorials you need to buy. Very reasonably priced though and very informative. I went nuts and bought them all.
    DJ - Macbook pro, TSP 1.2.7, 2 x CDJ1000 MkIII, Xone 92, X1, VCI-100 Arcade FW 1.4, NI Audio 8 DJ, Sony MDR-V700
    Production - Dual core PC, M-box 2, KRK RP8, Novation Remote SL 61, Live 8, Reason 4
    Jack & Jill went up the hill to fetch a crate of Techno!

sonicacademy.com

IMO the best place for ableton videos if you want it for producing

I recommend using all of your available free resources before you begin to pay a lot of money for online courses. There's free content available on youtube, vimio, and many tutorial sites. I myself have an aggregate site for what I believe to be the best tutorials on the internet. If you're interested, see the link in my signature.

Tech Wizard

The dubspot 30|30 course is pretty good, not sure if you can still enroll though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast