OT (poll); I am the worlds worst employee...

View Poll Results: that was...

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...perfectly reasonable

10 58.82%
  • ...proof that you are a sucky employee

2 11.76%
  • how the fuck do you have job?

5 29.41%

Default OT (poll); I am the worlds worst employee...

And yes i am kind of proud, basically asked for a demotion at work as fed up of being a Team Coordinator in a curry factory, now i'm base level grunt again - much nicer, and only £20/week less money (really makes me wonder if TC is worth the effort)

Anyways, onto the poll....

below is the actually letter i wrote, and the poll is based on this;

I am writing to inform you of my decision to stand down from the role as Team Coordinator [in High Risk] and return to the position of Production Operative. I would like this to be effective from the nearest available opportunity.

My main reason for this is that over the past year I have come to feel that this is neither the right direction for me at the moment, and that I am currently not the best person for the job - mainly as until I applied for the job I had never really given progressing to anything beyond Prod Op much thought, and have been happy to just 'clock in and do the job'.
    The exception to this being the application for TC in Protein/Sauce, during the time I was still training on CIP & Cooking.

To be honest, the role isn't exactly what I expected it to be in terms of additional work load (e.g. action logs) and the extra focus brought upon me from management. This doesn't mean I expected it to be easy, but there are aspects of the job that aren't 'me', and I find it difficult to always takes these parts/responsibilities seriously, such as keeping on top of KPI's.
    I know you have observed the inconsistent 'lurching' of my performance during my time as a TC, and it is this as well that has had me questioning if this is the right job for at this time (if ever). On top of that I’m not totally sure my motivations for applying were correct, as I was mainly seeing the hourly rate and not much else.

I want to stress that this doesn't reflect on the High Risk area or the people involved/working within it, and I am sure that this decision would be arrived at regardless of what part of the factory I worked in. Though I believe it is possible that High Risk may have more pressure than other areas and this could be a minor contributing factor, but a lot of this stems from me personally and how I feel I have performed in the role to date.

I am happy to 'stand in' for a TC as/when/if required so that the experience and training gained over the last year isn't wasted, I am also happy to continue to come in early to help with setting up lines

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to try my hand at being a Team Coordinator within High Risk, and the business as a whole, and regret that it hasn't worked out.

this does mean that holiday time is now easier to get as i can be replaced by agency, pretty much, so if anyone got any random gigs you wanna chuck my way

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

Unsure of what your job involves. Sounds some what like factory work though.

The letter seemed to be professional in more then one way. Your stepping down, but at the same time your there when you are needed.

On top of that I’m not totally sure my motivations for applying were correct, as I was mainly seeing the hourly rate and not much else.

^
    l
    l
    l

Leave that part out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnv View Post
    On top of that I’m not totally sure my motivations for applying were correct, as I was mainly seeing the hourly rate and not much else.

^
    l
    l
    l

Leave that part out though.
    this was the actual letter i wrote... hence the title... the actual face to face conversation was much less professional, lol.

SoundCloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

tl;dr but I voted anyway , hope I picked the right one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

As someone who follows Brad on Facebook i know he wasnt happy doing the job he was doing so all power to ya bro... mainly cus he never stops whinning about it hahaha (j/k)

Dont let the bastards grind ya down.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    As someone who follows Brad on Facebook i know he wasnt happy doing the job he was doing so all power to ya bro... mainly cus he never stops whinning about it hahaha (j/k)

Dont let the bastards grind ya down.
    my manager follows me to... which meant on sunday last week he knew i'd been in pub til like half one and only had 2 hours sleep before work.

the question this all brings about; wtf was he doing on facebook at like 4 in the morning when he just got up for work?

SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    my manager ....

was he doing on facebook at like 4 in the morning when he just got up for work?

He's management. He hasnt got a life outside work.