PIONEER T1. Finally have your say properly

View Poll Results: How do you like the controller?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck it, who cares. I don't

44 52.38%
  • Really am not bothered

28 33.33%
  • Dude!! That's my mum dawg!! GTFO

9 10.71%
  • Love the look and feel!

6 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default PIONEER T1. Finally have your say properly

Right, as last year when i got severly TOLD OFF with the S4 vs X,Y or Z threads.

I now have a traffic cone in my colon about the Pioneer bashing.

Now while i agree with all of it - cos they are shit controllers.

I think a poll is in order to finally decide once and for all, who really cares?

and i spose we need an actual topic... so erm...

i did your mum last night with a piece of fudge cake

discuss
    Last edited by tekki; 02-14-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Personally im happy to see pioneer in the game. having played with both at namm, I can say they are both very high quality pieces of kit.

But more than anything else, this adds SO much legitimacy to controllerists. I have heard in the last couple of years, from turntablists that "if it wasnt a toy, then pioneer would be doing it".

well now they are. I hope people buy those things so they stay in the game. One thing I can say for sure, that things built 10000x tougher than an S4. I'd be scared out of my mind to play out on an s4 without a flight case. the T1, not so much.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    But more than anything else, this adds SO much legitimacy to controllerists. I have heard in the last couple of years, from turntablists that "if it wasnt a toy, then pioneer would be doing it".
    totally agree and thought the same thing myself when i heard the announcement.

Happy to hear that Pioneer finally remove their heard from their ass. So welcome aboard and good luck with that, but I'll never throw away 1,500$ on a tupperware thingy who's looking like MixMeister, no way

I hate they classify it for "home and General DJ use" , this only mean they don't even trust it themself

rant over... feel better now.

Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    But more than anything else, this adds SO much legitimacy to controllerists.
    yes OR no. Seems they just want to make like everyone because they're loosing too much of the future market... while they create something when they released their CDJ100 over 12 years ago.
    Last edited by Steve Zorilow; 01-23-2011 at 05:08 AM.

awww... no one biting on the flaming or cake? lol

tbh while i'm not feeling the controllers, and it pisses me off that now pioneer are in the game it's considered legit.
    at least it will convert some people. but hopefully they'll realise there are better options for the money when they start looking. cos the bundled traktor version sucks...

SoundCloud

I think pioneer should do a DN SC2000 style controller with the CDJ 1000 platters.

P.S.
    Heres your bloody cake fuckin northerner. :P (my brothers a northerner and my lass is a southerner who loves a yank.... If your not from UK nvm this)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    Heres your bloody cake fuckin northerner. :P (my brothers a northerner and my lass is a southerner who loves a yank.... If your not from UK nvm this)
    i aint a northerner, South East represent!! bitch

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i aint a northerner, South East represent!! bitch

you and the lass can trash talk my brother then lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    So welcome aboard and good luck with that, but I'll never throw away 1,500$ on a tupperware thingy who's looking like MixMeister, no way
    pssl has them listed already at $1,099.99 which is only slightly more than an s4.

having played with both the T1 and the S1 in person, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the build quality of these Pioneer units is something NI could only dream about if the S4 is their best work. These things are solid, faders are like butter, the platters are cdj style and built to take a beating for years.

with the right haggling at any place that sells them, i imagine youd walk out the door for under a grand.

I'm actually very seriously considering getting an S1 for myself.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

i reckon the build quality on the new pioneer controllers is perfect
    but that would never change my mind or love i have for my s4 !
    thank you NI you did it again !
    What Do You Call a Half Angel Half Devil ? ... a DJ !

Software: Traktor S4, Ableton Live 8, Windows 7
    Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast