mix challenge idea... - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Two breaks, two dubstep, two D&B, two House, two Techno gets my vote. All of those are distinctly different, but can still be blended in such a short time and still have a good chance of sounding good. I'll go with whatever the majority or ringleader says is official though.
    Sounds good. Looking forward to having a crack at this!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

all dubstep sounds same to me though... so i'll side majority on what gets picked there.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

picking TWO tracks from each genre? I love the idea but picking these is going to be nightmare!

Where to start... loving scary monsters and nice sprites by skrillex in terms of dubstep, and you can never go wrong with a bit of nero, innocence is a fantastic track... There's also scatta by skrillex ft foreign beggars... So much to choose from. Someone needs to take executive decisions on this and I guess it's only fair if it's brad!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I really like this concept. I really think it should stick to one genre however. This could be something that's done over in multiple genre "competitions" if you will. I think a poll could/should be in order to figure out the order, and then maybe track suggestions could be posted up after.

After this one is done, doing another completely different genre would be a great follow-up. Just to get an idea of how the same people mix different styles of music.

Throwing everything all into one pot, while maybe entertaining, isn't something I generally go out of my way to listen to, or honestly mix. Maybe a funky DnB or House tune in my Dubstep sets, but never all over the place like that. I imagine other people are in a similar boat, though I could be wrong.

10 tracks. One Genre. Different DJ's. Go. Switch Genre's and repeat as necessary.

*edit* My suggestion would be to start with a House compitition, and then maybe a Dubstep, then a DnB, then Breaks... so on an so forth.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

we need an official for each style. i'm taking breaks

argue among yourselves who deals with the others

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    I really like this concept. I really think it should stick to one genre however. This could be something that's done over in multiple genre "competitions" if you will. I think a poll could/should be in order to figure out the order, and then maybe track suggestions could be posted up after.

After this one is done, doing another completely different genre would be a great follow-up. Just to get an idea of how the same people mix different styles of music.

Throwing everything all into one pot, while maybe entertaining, isn't something I generally go out of my way to listen to, or honestly mix. Maybe a funky DnB or House tune in my Dubstep sets, but never all over the place like that. I imagine other people are in a similar boat, though I could be wrong.

10 tracks. One Genre. Different DJ's. Go. Switch Genre's and repeat as necessary.

i agree... this is all brainstorming right now...

other opinions?

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    but this is the interesting thing about this. i don't do this much neither (i one whole night maybe, but not in an 1 hour mix), but this IMHO the real challenge behind it..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    but this is the interesting thing about this. i don't do this much neither (i one whole night maybe, but not in an 1 hour mix), but this IMHO the real challenge behind it..
    another good point....

hmmm, logistical nightmare, or several smaller nightmares....? lol

SoundCloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I like the idea of mixing the genre's in one mix. Give someone their comfort zone and then take them out in one mix. I think in the end there's more of a chance of this getting done and not talked about for weeks on end.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast