delay and freeze problems
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default delay and freeze problems

ok so i turn on delay and freeze it (1/4 beat echo sounding) then stopp the deck and start a much slower song, ean does it so well and it just blends, but mine gets all funny and warped.. anyone know if this is normal nd how i can get the effect im looking for?
    The Gear: MBP15", Dre Pros, TK S4, MPK32, Ableton Live, Logic 9, and other stuff
    Check the site: http://willisdaellenbach.com, Check the cloud: http://soundcloud.com/wdaellenbach

Don't use a much slower song? It's good for bpm changes but it's still gna sound weird if you half the bpm or something.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    ok so i turn on delay and freeze it (1/4 beat echo sounding) then stopp the deck and start a much slower song, ean does it so well and it just blends, but mine gets all funny and warped.. anyone know if this is normal nd how i can get the effect im looking for?
    Is the FX assigned to the faster playing deck or to the slower one?
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

my guess is it's assigned to the playing deck and then switches when second deck starts

Tech Wizard

faster song, so i start the slower one and it immediatly jumps....
    The Gear: MBP15", Dre Pros, TK S4, MPK32, Ableton Live, Logic 9, and other stuff
    Check the site: http://willisdaellenbach.com, Check the cloud: http://soundcloud.com/wdaellenbach

Tech Mentor

When you play the slower one, it's bpm becomes the Master and since the delay follows the master bpm, it's rate will also change. You have to keep the faster deck playing hike you do the transition to
    maintain it as the master bpm OR you can manually set the deck with the faster track to always be the Master bpm
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by fellis View Post
    When you play the slower one, it's bpm becomes the Master and since the delay follows the master bpm, it's rate will also change. You have to keep the faster deck playing hike you do the transition to
    maintain it as the master bpm OR you can manually set the deck with the faster track to always be the Master bpm
    You're missing the point, the whole idea is to have the tempo slow down or speed up to match the new track. Just don't go for TOO big a switch or it'll sound stupid.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Is it not because you have the faster, outgoing song set as master? You delay freeze and switch master deck and the delay will immediately take on the new BPM, making it sound wierd?

Have you tried setting the slower deck as master before using the delay effect to transition?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Is it not because you have the faster, outgoing song set as master? You delay freeze and switch master deck and the delay will immediately take on the new BPM, making it sound wierd?

Have you tried setting the slower deck as master before using the delay effect to transition?
    I'm pretty sure that would sound horrible. That's why the OP said he stopped the outgoing song after freezing it. From what he said he's done everthing right, it's just sounding weird. I have no explanation other than what I've already suggested.

Just assign the FX unit to deck A and only deck A. You can prevent the whole master deck switching thing this way...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast