MIK Tracks Already in Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default MIK Tracks Already in Traktor

I use iTunes to organize and manage my tracks and I have used itunes to bring them into tratkor so the actual files are organized how iTunes structures them by default. I've also used traktor to put cue points and adjust the BPM on most of my tracks.

I recently got Mixed In Key and I am wonder what the easiest way to write the key to the comments tag is without losing the cue points and having to delete the songs from traktor.

Is there any way to import the traktor collection into Mixed in Key so I don't have to go through and manually find every individual file and add it to MIK then bring it back into traktor? Also, will this overwrite the data for my cuepoints?

Let me know if this doesn't make sense, I'm headed to bed now

Unless you allow MIK to change the filenames... I don't think anything would be effected by allowing MIK to add information to the ID3 tag.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Yeah I get that but I'm talking about the first step of the process - selecting which tracks for MIK to analyze. How do you efficiently tell MIK to analyze the tracks in your traktor collection?

I only see a way to add iTunes playlists, entire folders, or individual files but I don't have the tracks in my tratkor collection in one playlist and there appears to be no way to export the traktor collection to an iTunes playlist.

just add the folders where you have the files stored on your harddrive

Tech Wizard

Thank you both for the advice. I might end up having to do that. The reason I don't want to do that is because the 400ish songs I have in traktor (new to djing) are mixed in with my 5,000 songs in my itunes library which I don't want to analyze. Even with in some artists, I'll dj with 5 of their tracks and have no need or reason to analyze the other 40 tracks of theirs that I own.

I guess its not a big deal analyzing them all but it just doesnt make sense that I'd have to do this (but I guess it was poor organization on my part from the start).

Quote Originally Posted by epidemik View Post
    Thank you both for the advice. I might end up having to do that. The reason I don't want to do that is because the 400ish songs I have in traktor (new to djing) are mixed in with my 5,000 songs in my itunes library which I don't want to analyze. Even with in some artists, I'll dj with 5 of their tracks and have no need or reason to analyze the other 40 tracks of theirs that I own.

I guess its not a big deal analyzing them all but it just doesnt make sense that I'd have to do this (but I guess it was poor organization on my part from the start).
    that makes sense... i dont know how you could do it other than selecting the 5 songs individually in each folder. tedious, yes.. but i dont think you have another option unfortunately.

file organisation is a p.i.t.a especially when you start amassing music and you get lazy like i do!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can drag the songs straight out of Traktor into MIK. Check consistency when it's done and the key will show up. I have MIK set to to put the key in the key field and in the comments. That way I can see it in iTunes and in Traktor's key field.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

DON'T change the filename, otherwise Traktor won't find them.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You can drag the songs straight out of Traktor into MIK. Check consistency when it's done and the key will show up. I have MIK set to to put the key in the key field and in the comments. That way I can see it in iTunes and in Traktor's key field.
    this!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    handy to know... i've always just MIKed before importing into traktor.