midi mapping: remote 25SL <-> Traktor (effects)

Default midi mapping: remote 25SL <-> Traktor (effects)

hello....

i bought a remote 25 SL the last week and iam still busy assigning all the knobs and buttons.

my question is , how to directly activate an effect by using just the knob?

so for example, if i want to use a lowpassfilter i have to switch to the right effect, activate this one and then i can increase the amount of it.
    i want to assign all of this 3 functions to a single knob and also managed to do so as far as the activation and increase is concerned.

but i cant find an assignement for switching to the right effect panel in my detail bar in traktor.

sorry for my english .... greets

btw: as far as i see , ean golden uses a similar preference in his video of Setting up digital dj gear in a club

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Ean goes over this in his video

Filters 101

Pretty much use the same thing for every effect
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

first of all , thanks for the video .

now i know how to activate and increase the amount of an effect which is already shown in my detail bar.

but how can i , for example , switch to the effect "B" , activate this one and increase the amount of it by using a specific knob (knob "B") if effect "A" is shown in my detail bar ?

the only possibility i found is to browse through all effects until i found the one i want to use .

i hope , somebody can guess what i want to say.

greets

Use the Novation software to send the specific midi cc note to select that filter.

There's a post on NI's forums about this, but basically you find out the range for the effect you want, say it's between 50-75. You use the software to set the knob to send only a note in that range.

I got this working with the touchpad on my sl25. basically it selects the filter, turns it on, and then filter knobs 1 and 3 increase as i slide my finger up.

thanks alot chilly ...

to select an effect you just have to map a specific value to a button (eg 10 for lowpass) in the Remote SL Editor and then you have to assign this button to the function "Effect Select" in Traktor ... so easy

Hey guys- as usual we are all on the same page. I was planning on doing a tutorial on selecting a specific effect in Traktor as a follow up to my filter video.

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    Hey guys- as usual we are all on the same page. I was planning on doing a tutorial on selecting a specific effect in Traktor as a follow up to my filter video.
    i got the idea for my touch pad setup from your video where you use the modulation stick...except im not lowering the volume.

The touch pad is a tricky little sucker...