looping like richie hawtin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default looping like richie hawtin

I was wondering if there was ever a part 2 to the article about looping like richie hawtin. I have the problem with my tracks being out of sync for a few seconds when i come out of my loops. I've tried the double macro with sync/loop active, but no matter what i try it's the same. something. the end of the articel said

"You might start playing around with this technique and realize:
    “cool, this works great on most tracks but some come back together and are slightly off”. That question brings up a very important topic that we will cover next week on Monday. Its questions of Phase, beat markers and on the fly beat marker position nudging!"

Also, it seems like everyone in these videos and stuff are using traktor 3, i know richie is using traktor 3 in his video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by djjadereed; 12-20-2008 at 01:19 PM.

i have seen a thread about this topic on the Native Inst. traktor 3 forums if you want to hunt around there. if you can't find it, let me know and i'll poke around a little for it...

I dont really see how you have a problem with that. I use it and i dont have any problems. The only thing i can think of is that you dont have your songs beatmarked correctly.

Tech Convert

Default .

having the loop "snap" might help you also.

m.

Are you using using Phase sync instead of Tempo Sync?

i'm using tempo sync. My macro key activates the buttons that say sync next to the master button.
    Maybe i need to mess around with my beat grids a little more.

When testing choose a song that has like 128.000 bpm not a song that has like 128.763 bpm. Beat grid the song to the tick or a reference song and be shure that the beatgrid is okey thru the whole song!

i got the same problem in traktor pro, when jumping to a hotcue while both songs are playing. so i tried to put "snap" and "quant" mode on! from that point i had no longer problems with that!

but i don't know if that works in traktor 3 too
    © 2008 | djDexter
    Sorry for my bad english

i just cant seem to get this to work. Everytime i hit my macro key to release the loops and sync it sounds like crap for a few seconds and then goes back into sync.
    Should i have my double macro on Loop active and Sync?
    it seems like if i could get my loops to release on the same spot things would work better.
    Is there a way to release all of my loops at the beginning loop cue point, or something like that to keep things in sync?

You want sync to be off while looping so you can play with the loop and run things out of time if you wish. Then when you press a button all the active loops are disabled and all the tracks are phase synced to one another again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast