help with speakers and interface
    Tech Mentor

Default help with speakers and interface

hey guys im new to the djing scene and i just got my mixtrack and i'm wondering whether i can use regular computer speakers with a dj i/o interface or if i have to buy monitors for it to work. any input is much appreciated. thanks

What 'dj i/o interface' do you have? (I can't remember if the mixtrack has an internal soundcard.

To be fair you can use pretty much any soundcard with any speakers, you might just need to buy a couple of jack converters/splitters from Maplin/Radioshack to get things working.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    To be fair you can use pretty much any soundcard with any speakers, you might just need to buy a couple of jack converters/splitters from Maplin/Radioshack to get things working.
    what he said.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm assuming you have this

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Numark-DJ-Multi-Channel-Interface/dp/B000S5Q2EK"]Amazon.com: Numark DJ I/O Multi Channel USB 2.0 DJ Audio Interface: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410p1qKy7UL.@@AMEPARAM@@410p1qKy7UL[/ame]

Are they computer speakers you plug into the computer or speakers inside the computer?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

yes, you can use it with computer speakers. you're gonna need a 2 x RCA (male) to 1/8" TRS stereo (female). This would work.

that assumes you have regular computer speakers which come with a male 1/8" TRS stereo cable attached to them.

Tech Mentor

yes the dj i/o is my soundcard and my speakers are some altec lansings that go into the computer. thanks itskindahot it works exactly like you said