Keeping up with Multiple Genre's...

Default Keeping up with Multiple Genre's...

Now. I realize many folks are eclectic in their tastes. Myself? I really love Dubstep, and that's mainly what I focus my collection around. But I also really love Electro House / Electro Swing, and I also like a good section of DnB and breaks.

But I can't keep up with it all.

I'm lucky in the fact that one of my good friend's is a complete DnB head, and another is a complete House guy. And so when I want to know what's hot, I just talk to them. Same thing goes for when they want some info on the latest Dubstep tracks.

How do you guys manage to deal with information overload? Or do you?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Guru

I used to check out tons of blogs looking for that one gem and what I ended up with a ton of songs I never play. Of course I keep up with beatport and then I check out a few sites maybe of some artists I like and see what tunes they are talking about. But really too much is too much, if a song is hot you'll hear about it. If you think you need 7 different remixes of it....well that's where I start to get lost in the mix. I now frequent 2-3 forums, beatport and for Top40 and Hip Hop I have a record pool or listen to the radio. So I've narrowed it down to about 4-5 places to stay up to date with music.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

get rid of the idea that you can keep up with everything thats coming out..
    i search some blogs with different styls of music and got a lot of artists i follow on bp or sc..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

I don't even attempt to keep up with all the genres because I like a little of everything (besides country). I end up just looking at the best rated tracks of the month.

My friends torrents the VA's genres, best of the year. Not me, my friend says all those tracks keep him busy for awhile.