First ever mix!!!
    Tech Wizard

Default First ever mix!!!

Hey guys,, i recorded my first ever mix tonight, i know theres alot of messups but ive only had my vci-100 a few days and just got the sound card last night!!!

tell me what you think

tips and tricks welcome

THANKS

DJKY

Tech Wizard

I really think you should invest some time into learning how to count bars in music. That way you will get a better understanding of song structures and know the best spots to mix music in an out. mixing in 8s and 16s as opposed to 5's or 13's

Hey man, I can see your ambition there but yeah like you said, a few messups

I think you need to take a few steps back until the "groundwork" of DJ'ing is second nature to you. It seems like you jumped in the deep end of the pool but are only swimming with your hands (to use a silly analogy lol)

Things like counting bars (like TVo said), beatmatching and good transition points should be your building blocks. I'd recommend setting a 4 or 8 bar loop in a track where only the kickdrum is present and mixing that same track with the same loop. Once you have both hitting at exactly the same time they're matched
    http://soundcloud.com/directorate
    Behringer BCD3000 - Unibody 13" Macbook - Traktor Pro - Sennheiser HD212Pro

Tech Wizard

Thanks

That's the idea yeah and you almost have it, but can you hear at about the 13 second mark the once solid 1-1-1-1 beat becomes a little bit muddy (11-11-11-11) ? This means they're not *quite* right and need some refinement before that beat line becomes one solid kick again. So to achieve that, one track needs to be sped up or slowed down to meet the other.

Work at it, these are the baby steps we all take
    http://soundcloud.com/directorate
    Behringer BCD3000 - Unibody 13" Macbook - Traktor Pro - Sennheiser HD212Pro

Tech Wizard

hahah thanks again man.. 2 days in... i got lots of baby steps before i run on this fourm lol