Will They Blend? Mix Challenge Official Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Create a mixcloud make the username and password available to all entrants via PM and leave it open for a few days to let them upload their own mix with no identifiers as to who they are in the mix or the title. Then either create a poll here with the numbers of the mixes as the vote let voting last for a set amount of time, two weeks maybe to give everybody a chance to listen to them all, then the winner's announced.

I'm only saying mixcloud cause it's free and unlimited as long as we keep it under 100mb each which should be no problem at 192k.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    It's easy though Brad, everyone submits it to one or two people (a panel), the panel then takes the contestants names and puts in in a excel document then proceeds to give each contestant a number.

After doing that, upload it all onto a judge, or the panels (newly created) SoundCloud and then when posting up the tracks just put the respective numbers in place of the artists name.
    this, except for time allotment in a new soundcloud account would be somewhat restricted

or:

snag files from soundcloud
    upload to zippyshare / mediafire / personal host (i have web space)
    provide download links to all mixes with "contestant #" labels
    poll off that

and yes, im offering up my bandwidth for the contest, in the event its necessary.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

think i saw something about using the 'favorite' button on soundcloud... erm no. you'll get someone with 500+ facebook friends just spamming.

gonna stick with the mixes coming in my box (hehehe) and i'll bang up a poll on the 13th (it's a day off luckily so should have the time i need).

chances are anon status may be lost (will try and keep that though using a new account or 2), but then everyone will be published at the same time. which feels fair.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I'm still waiting for Traktor Pro and my Audio 4 to show up, but I'm definitely interested in this. I'm also new to digital as my 1200s have been collecting dust these past couple of years but will try my best.

Thanks guys for all of the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Thanks man. Yeah im currently working on a really big project that has deadlines so i just cant commit to anything in the knowledge that i could do it justice.

Next time though.

*notes fellow UK entrant * ;-)
    Haha that did come across as blatant sucking up didn't it?? Honestly not meant that way but I will gratefully accept ANY national favouritism!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Just loaded all the tracks onto my iPhone. Got to travel 2hrs to a conference tomorrow so gives me plenty of time to get accustomed to them. Hopefully start coming up with some inspiration!!

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Just loaded all the tracks onto my iPhone. Got to travel 2hrs to a conference tomorrow so gives me plenty of time to get accustomed to them. Hopefully start coming up with some inspiration!!
    already worked how I'm using the techno tracks, it's the house ones buggering me atm...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Are you sure they can all be found on Beatport as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    already worked how I'm using the techno tracks, it's the house ones buggering me atm...
    Haha good work. The horns in them house tracks are gonna catch everyone out I reckon.

let battle begin

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast