Use only knob controls from an OXy 8?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Use only knob controls from an OXy 8?

I am thinking about taking apart my Oxygen 8 keyboard and only using the knob section, but do not want the keyboard section. Anyone ever rip this baby apart and put into a new case?

I dont think anyone has done it, but i dont think it would be too difficult either, there really isnt alot of electronics going on in there.

Check this article i wrote here to get some veiws of the guts of the oxygen 8 without taking it apart - http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/08/2...ck-a-keyboard/

Tech Guru

Thanks..will check into it

How about hijacking some of those keys with arcade buttons while you are at it?

That would be a badarse mod.

I've taken apart my midiman (M-Audio) oxy8 before. Super easy. And Bento's suggestion about the arcade buttons would be super easy. I debating on adding 8 buttons, 1 under each knob. Found out it was easy as hell. Except spacing issues. So putting the oxy 8 in a new box would be ideal.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Guru

Yes, I would love to love make a new controller out of this.Like use the keys for buttons or arcade buttons and keep the knobs..I have to find some casing and could cut new holes..Any idea what I am getting myself into.? Could be fun project for us all and photos too.
    Maybe time to start the surgery..

Tech Convert

duder, i use a oxy8 as my main controller.. Ripping it is a very easy process but, unless you are very comfortable with your tech skills removing the conection for the knobs is a bitch. I am just finishing new paint on my controller ill take photos with it apart and then back togeather to show you. So if you could wait like.... a day it might help you out alot. Also check out moldover's how to show

Tech Guru

I do not plan to do anything in next weeks, so I prefer to investigate before I get ripping it apart. I also need to find a case and parts, solder, wires.. etc..
    I'd like to use these crappy sliders & wheels to to make some nice line faders too.
    Last edited by claudek; 12-22-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Personally i think getting a suitable case and mounting it inside of it will be the hardest part of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Personally i think getting a suitable case and mounting it inside of it will be the hardest part of the project.
    Ditto. There are so many options, but most of the time you can't find exactly what you want.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast