Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences?

Default Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences?

Im a college student and am planning on going to some school for audio engineering and such. I have taken two recording classes at the community college in my town, and the teacher of those classes recommended the Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences in arizona as a school to go to.

I waaas just wondering if anyone on here has gone too, heard about, visited, or is currently enrolled there. And what you think of it!

my teacher highly recommended it, and i trust his opinion, but please let me know if you think its an awful school or something! haha

Thanks!
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

bump?
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Those types of school have cropped up everywhere. What you really want to check is the percentage rate of their placement program. I can definitely tell you that the place I work has hired people from Full Sail in Florida and Expressions for New Media in the San Fransisco Bay Area. Just make sure you do your research on the front end about a placement program or ask to see the resume's of prior graduates. Good Luck
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

everyone i know goes to MI in hollywood for stuff like that.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Yeah i'll have to do that, try and see if people actually get jobs after graduating. :P and hollywood... probably too expensive haha

Tech Guru

Musicians Institute isn't actually all that expensive to be honest.

The biggest thing you get from "music tech schools" is networking opportunities. Dont let anyone tell you different.

You'll get more networking opportunities at MI than any other school of its kind. Including Berklee.

i think mi costs around 20k. you have to request info to get total prices. they dont publish them like most tech schools these days.

www.mi.edu
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Just a friendly bump to my local college's Sound Recording Technology major:

http://www.uml.edu/College/arts_scie...ogram/srt.html

@ UMASS Lowell in Massachusetts. Solid program with great internship opportunities in the area. The major does require a lot of math and classic instrument "tryouts" if you will. So it's not for everyone. But it's a program I really really thought about for awhile.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

The Conservatory is nice although some of the best teachers there teach Audio at the local community college . I'd say some music technology classes at a community college and an internship at a decent studio or label in your area is better time spent . When I went they were the only school that had Avid certified protools courses .

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    The Conservatory is nice although some of the best teachers there teach Audio at the local community college . I'd say some music technology classes at a community college and an internship at a decent studio or label in your area is better time spent . When I went they were the only school that had Avid certified protools courses .
    Well that school does set you up with a 3 month internship, at major cities. which is another reason why i was wanting to go. and thats intresting about the protools courses.... a good thing! haha

The setting up with an internship is nothing you couldn't do for yourself with a little experience . I mean think about what company out there especially in this economy doesn't want free or cheap labor .