anyone in the OC?
    Tech Mentor

Default anyone in the OC?

Please keep the southern california stereotypes to a minimum but is there anyone from the OC area on DJTT? If so I was wondering what connections you got and if you wanted to set up a show/club night for us southern california folks. Lemme know if your interested

I am, and def. interested.But what do you mean by set up a club for "us"?

Tech Guru

with local ordinaces being what they are in all orange county cities, any actual possibility of doing a club in orange county and getting insurance and permits requires the event to be 21 and over.

since there are limited venue's with dance permits, sensible occupancy, sound systems, and the correct number of exits and parking. This has always made clubs in orange county a challenge and why focus is in a little mexican restaurant in irvine rather than the shark club. its one of the only venues that still has permits for 18+ with alcohol sales in the entire county.

regardless, looking at your profile, it looks like there arent any venues you could currently get into at 17.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

Like the midi fighter gig in Miami that's going on. I understand the age thing, but planning takes time and hey I'm 18 in august. I know people that have had their own mini-raves if you will (I can't think of a better term sorry) just an idea

Tech Guru

i hear you. just saying, as a promoter and producer in orange county for the last 20 years on and off, things aren't really "simple" here.

its much easier to do things in riverside, l.a., and san diego counties. the old people we have here have made it VERY difficult to do things here in the oc by way of city and county ordinances.

hell they even got the clubs disneyland and knotts used to run shut down (videopolis and studio k)
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

Ha! Studio K! I remember bein a kid poppin n lockin against those walls that would flash and leave your shadow on the wall. Sorry for the random flashback