Ordering an S4 tmr, now the wait...
    Tech Guru

Default Ordering an S4 tmr, now the wait...

So, As the title says....Im finally ordering my s4 tomorrow, found a deal on it and thinking that if there is a 2nd batch it should be out now.

So it should take about a week to get to me....what should I plan to do so I'm ready right when it gets here.

My thoughts:
    I have a copy of traktor from a friend so I paid 30 bucks for it, I've basically just been navigating around the software, but a few questions.

1. Can I drop cues in traktor pro and then transfer the files to pro s4?
    -If so, how do I go about transferring files?

2. Can I analyze (beatgrid?) tracks in mass (meaning hundreds of songs at a time)
    -Do you guys trust the autogrid or do you do it manually?

Finally, should I partition my vaio and hackintosh or just optimize a partition of windows 7?
    -Its only 2.0ghz C2DUO and 4gigs of ram...gonna hopefully get a free 500gb to put in b4 the s4 arrives.

Any other tips for preparation are welcome....Sorry for the long post but I am absolutely pumped for this thing to arrive.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    So, As the title says....Im finally ordering my s4 tomorrow, found a deal on it and thinking that if there is a 2nd batch it should be out now.

So it should take about a week to get to me....what should I plan to do so I'm ready right when it gets here.

My thoughts:
    I have a copy of traktor from a friend so I paid 30 bucks for it, I've basically just been navigating around the software, but a few questions.

1. Can I drop cues in traktor pro and then transfer the files to pro s4?
    -If so, how do I go about transferring files?

2. Can I analyze (beatgrid?) tracks in mass (meaning hundreds of songs at a time)
    -Do you guys trust the autogrid or do you do it manually?

Finally, should I partition my vaio and hackintosh or just optimize a partition of windows 7?
    -Its only 2.0ghz C2DUO and 4gigs of ram...gonna hopefully get a free 500gb to put in b4 the s4 arrives.

Any other tips for preparation are welcome....Sorry for the long post but I am absolutely pumped for this thing to arrive.
    1- Yes, when you install Pro S4 you are asked if you wish to import your old library.
    2- Activate the option "Analyse on Import" in the Prefs or right click your music collection and select "Check Consistency", then analyse the tracks that show up.
    It really depends on the music styles you will be putting in how accurate the autogrid will be, for most EDM genres it's around 80-90% spot on (you can also fine tune the BPM range of detection in the Prefs).

Regarding hackintosh, you REALLY need to know what you are doing and no one will guarantee it will work properly (it ain't the same than running a mac). I'll go with win7 or roll back to XP if your system is under too much stress.

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+processing

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+processing

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I would stick with Windows 7, but maybe run a partition for just DJ'ing. If you run into problems run gamebooster or this script http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23770
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

I will give both ideas a go....Does traktor run better on xp? I haven't seen many ppl try it out.

If it does than I am for sure going back to xp with some skins just so it looks decent.

I've hackintoshed a few computers...haven't noticed any differences with a real mac...just better performance because of the nicer hardware. I've just never cared for mac until now becuz NI hasn't released the update yet.

What if I have the files on a desktop and want to transfer the traktor files to a laptop? Same deal or how do I go about transferring them?

PS I haven't really looked into the traktor file format at all so I'm being lazy by asking this.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    I will give both ideas a go....Does traktor run better on xp? I haven't seen many ppl try it out.

If it does than I am for sure going back to xp with some skins just so it looks decent.

I've hackintoshed a few computers...haven't noticed any differences with a real mac...just better performance because of the nicer hardware. I've just never cared for mac until now becuz NI hasn't released the update yet.

What if I have the files on a desktop and want to transfer the traktor files to a laptop? Same deal or how do I go about transferring them?

PS I haven't really looked into the traktor file format at all so I'm being lazy by asking this.
    It works better in tight systems because it has lower requirements and more headroom is left for traktor to run.
    I'd skip the skins idea, remember it's a Traktor partition that would be used only for that purpose. It doesn't need to be pretty, it needs to WORK. Keep win7 for everyday use.

Tech Guru

True...Ill just partition for traktor. It will be occupying my screen 90% of the time.

Any word on transferring files between computers.
    -Special way to save them, file format etc...
    -I was just gonna swap them using an external hdd.