Found a 2nd hand pair of CDJ1000mk3's for the same price as an S4 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think even better, sit your laptop off to the side when you practice. Learn to look into the crowd and not the screen. You'll spend more time listening to your music too. Just my two cents.
    Traktor Pro
    Serato Scratch Live
    Denon DN-MC6000
    Timecode CDs

^--- This! OR in Traktor, switch to the "Browser Only Mode", so basically Traktor become a RekordBox/iTune alike software

Get rid of the screen as much as possible! This help to read people mind...

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I didn't say CDJs are better or that they can do all the crazy new things that controllers can, I just said they have their advantages. There's a time and a place for everything.

I spin vinyl since you asked. TSP purely as DVS with some beat jumping.

You can beat match on the S4 but the pitch fader on CDJs are much nicer. I said more suited, not that you can't on the S4.

More reliable as you only have one thing to worry about- having good CDs free from scratches. While it's perfectly manageable you have a fuck load of things that can break when using controllers.

You have to perform little checks when using controllers, ensuring you've set them up and it's all behaving as it should be before you play. With CDJs you just stick in and go.

Again, I prefer controllers to CDJs generally, just saying that there is a time and a place for everything and you can't really say one is completely better than the other, at least not with the equipment currently on the market.
    Listen i'm not quibling using CDJs in a club, we're talking about what should he buy for his home set up.

FYI, DVS is a lot more temperamental than a controller, so many more factors to worry about... needles, phono cables, tone arms, mixers etc etc etc I can see why you're saying about the need to run all these checks.

I started off on vinyl for about 18 years ago and for about 10 years there was no debate. You djed, you used technics end of story. You rocked up at the club and you played vinyl.

Then I got final scratch when it came out, then got serato, then got traktor pro and a VCI, the latter being far and away the most solid set up yet.

The future of DJIng is digital, agreed?

To refer back to my pennyfarthing or motorbike example, the truth is an S4 is a more advanced, more featured and more current set up, end of story.

It can do pretty much all a CDJ can do, and a hell of a lot more.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

bored

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

yeah but i want the last word
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    yeah but i want the last word
    it's all yours

SoundCloud

Dude I'm not disagreeing on those points at all, read what I said. I'm saying that ever system has it's advantages.

My favorite kind of argument... where everyone agrees

</has last word>

Wouldn't "</has last word>" signify the point at which no longer have the first word?

Perhaps "<lastword>blahblah</lastword>" would be more fitting?

ergh

SoundCloud

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast