Is the VCI-100 MKII out of contention?
    Tech Wizard

Default Is the VCI-100 MKII out of contention?

First post here. I searched but can't find any solid information.

What's the deal with the MKII? For one, I can't find it for sale in Canada and there are no real reviews on it other than the typical press release stuff. Should I skip and go straight to the S4 or equivalent. Though the S4 isn't as compact I really like the idea of an integrated sound card.

For what it's worth I have no real experience. I've played around with a Typhoon for a bit and it left me wanting to be able to do more. I have some friends that are pretty established DJ's but they spin hip hop and are turntablists. They know as much about controllers as I do. LOL

I also have access to a traktor pro license if that means anything when it comes to picking something.

This is a sweet forum with lots of good info. Keep it up and thanks.

This is solely my opinion, If you are serious about controllers you should probably go for the Xone DX or Traktor S4, both are high end solutions for "controllerists" Allen and Heath DX is 1 to 1 with itch and Allen and Heath have awesome mappings for traktor pro on their website. S4 is propietary to S4 but can be mappd to whatever software allows you to do so.

Both high quality and sound amazing, cant go wrong with either

Tech Guru

I guess all depends on your budge. The S4 is awesome -- but yes pretty big. Another sweet solution that looks more portable is the new Reloop Mission III that was introduced at NAMM. I think that goes on sale in the next month or so, comes with an integrated soundcard is a tad less expensive than the S4. Initial reviews were much more impressive than that of the 100 MKII.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

The S4 may not be super portable but it will make you wet your pants. I mixed for 4 hours today and loved every minute.

HAZE FTW!
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 01-29-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::