Vinyl ripping through Traktor
    Tech Guru

Default Vinyl ripping through Traktor

Hey guys I got 3 of the 4 Breaktionary Break records for the holidays. What I want to do is use the audio through function of Traktor and just use the recorder to record the sounds from it. My problem is that when I do that the recorder volume in Traktor shows the volume level to be very low. I'm new to this stuff so if I want to have good sound i would want the recorder levels to be very large right?

Also I don't want to have to sit by Traktor and hit the cut button everytime a new break begins so whats a very basic program anyone here can recommend for quick cutting up tracks. Thanks

i would use a wav editor program like audacity with the soundcard u use with traktor, record a side at a time, normalize if desired, and then in copy and paste out the individual tracks, then use in traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Hey guys I got 3 of the 4 Breaktionary Break records for the holidays. What I want to do is use the audio through function of Traktor and just use the recorder to record the sounds from it. My problem is that when I do that the recorder volume in Traktor shows the volume level to be very low. I'm new to this stuff so if I want to have good sound i would want the recorder levels to be very large right?

Also I don't want to have to sit by Traktor and hit the cut button everytime a new break begins so whats a very basic program anyone here can recommend for quick cutting up tracks. Thanks

If you have an Audio 8 sound card do this: go into your Traktor folder and find the Audio 8 DJ Settings program. There is a setting where you you can increase the gain for the record. Hope that helps.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial